* [Q] CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER doesn't get enabled upon defconfig
@ 2012-10-24 10:02 Guennadi Liakhovetski
From: Guennadi Liakhovetski @ 2012-10-24 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh; +Cc: linux-kernel, Robert Love

Hi all

CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER is marked default "y" in fs/notify/inotify/Kconfig,
so, I would expect it to be enabled by any make *_defconfig. However, for
some reason, this doesn't happen (e.g. with mackerel_defconfig), which
leads to non-functional udev, among others. Any idea why this could be
happening?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.
http://www.open-technology.de/

* Re: [Q] CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER doesn't get enabled upon defconfig
@ 2012-10-24 20:35 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2012-10-24 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guennadi Liakhovetski; +Cc: linux-sh, linux-kernel, Robert Love, linux-kbuild

On 10/24/2012 03:02 AM, Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:

> Hi all
>
> CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER is marked default "y" in fs/notify/inotify/Kconfig,
> so, I would expect it to be enabled by any make *_defconfig. However, for
> some reason, this doesn't happen (e.g. with mackerel_defconfig), which
> leads to non-functional udev, among others. Any idea why this could be
> happening?

I think it's because arch/arm/configs/mackerel_defconfig says:

# CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER is not set

--
~Randy