* loadavg question
@ 2013-02-28 12:01 Boszormenyi Zoltan
       [not found] ` <CAAW1UO8b5gc5fD++XTvE8y1yF6N-j7LoiGnQZFzgo-3robe+zQ@mail.gmail.com>
From: Boszormenyi Zoltan @ 2013-02-28 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lkml

Hi,

on an embedded PC (500MHz AMD Geode), we recently tried
to upgrade the kernel. The original version was 2.6.27, the new
ones were 3.3.x and 3.7.x. With the same userspace (a GTK based
GUI constantly querying daemons handling different pieces of
hardware over serial ports), we noticed that loadavg is different
while the idle time (95-97%) is the same. On 2.6.27, the load was
around 0.05-0.3 while on 3.3.x and 3.7.x, it quickly crawled up
to around 5. Has the load calculation changed so dramatically
after 2.6.27?

Thanks in advance,
Zoltán Böszörményi

* Re: loadavg question
       [not found] ` <CAAW1UO8b5gc5fD++XTvE8y1yF6N-j7LoiGnQZFzgo-3robe+zQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2013-02-28 17:28   ` Boszormenyi Zoltan
From: Boszormenyi Zoltan @ 2013-02-28 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Azat Khuzhin; +Cc: lkml

Hi,

yes, that commit is in my kernel 3.7.9 kernel source, but not in 3.3.2.
Also, I have CONFIG_NO_HZ=n in my .config. I will retry with
CONFIG_NO_HZ=y with 3.7.9.

Thanks,
Zoltán Böszörményi