* SLIP: Is there a maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c ?
@ 2013-06-24  8:27 Dean Jenkins
From: Dean Jenkins @ 2013-06-24  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

Using the Linux v3.9 tag, I note that

./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/net/slip/slip.c
netdev@vger.kernel.org (open list:NETWORKING DRIVERS)
linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (open list)

There seems to be no maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c, is that true ?

I am asking because sl_encaps() and slip_write_wakeup() do not handle
error codes from tty->ops->write() and a recursive stack overflow crash
can occur if the tty->ops->write() fails to write all the characters. I
have some patches to fix this but would like some feedback on an
appropriate solution.

Thanks,

Dean Jenkins
Mentor Graphics

* Re: SLIP: Is there a maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c ?
@ 2013-06-24  8:49 ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2013-06-24  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dean Jenkins; +Cc: linux-kernel, netdev

On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM, Dean Jenkins <Dean_Jenkins@mentor.com> wrote:
> Using the Linux v3.9 tag, I note that
>
> ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/net/slip/slip.c
> netdev@vger.kernel.org (open list:NETWORKING DRIVERS)
> linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (open list)
>
> There seems to be no maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c, is that true ?

netdev seems to be the most appropriate mailing list, cfr. what
get_maintainer.pl reported, hence CC netdev added.

> I am asking because sl_encaps() and slip_write_wakeup() do not handle error
> codes from tty->ops->write() and a recursive stack overflow crash can occur
> if the tty->ops->write() fails to write all the characters. I have some
> patches to fix this but would like some feedback on an appropriate solution.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

* Re: SLIP: Is there a maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c ?
@ 2013-06-24 13:53 ` Peter Hurley
From: Peter Hurley @ 2013-06-24 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dean Jenkins; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 06/24/2013 04:27 AM, Dean Jenkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the Linux v3.9 tag, I note that
>
> ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/net/slip/slip.c
> netdev@vger.kernel.org (open list:NETWORKING DRIVERS)
> linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (open list)
>
> There seems to be no maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c, is that true ?
>
> I am asking because sl_encaps() and slip_write_wakeup() do not handle error codes from tty->ops->write() and a recursive stack overflow crash can occur if the tty->ops->write() fails to write all the characters. I have some patches to fix this but would like some feedback on an appropriate solution.

SLIP changes would likely go through David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>.
TTY changes would go through Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>

Regards,
Peter Hurley

* Re: SLIP: Is there a maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c ?
@ 2013-06-24 14:06   ` Dean Jenkins
From: Dean Jenkins @ 2013-06-24 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Hurley; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Peter,

On 24/06/13 14:53, Peter Hurley wrote:
> On 06/24/2013 04:27 AM, Dean Jenkins wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Using the Linux v3.9 tag, I note that
>>
>> ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/net/slip/slip.c
>> netdev@vger.kernel.org (open list:NETWORKING DRIVERS)
>> linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org (open list)
>>
>> There seems to be no maintainer for drivers/net/slip/slip.c, is that
>> true ?
>>
>> I am asking because sl_encaps() and slip_write_wakeup() do not handle
>> error codes from tty->ops->write() and a recursive stack overflow
>> crash can occur if the tty->ops->write() fails to write all the
>> characters. I have some patches to fix this but would like some
>> feedback on an appropriate solution.
>
> SLIP changes would likely go through David Miller <davem@davemloft.net>.
> TTY changes would go through Greg Kroah-Hartman
> <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
I have already sent an E-mail to David Miller and the netdev mailing
list but so far got not reply from David.

So I guess I have sent my patches to the correct place ;)

Dean Jenkins
Mentor Graphics