* Reading perf counters at ftrace trace boundaries
@ 2013-08-12  0:03 Karim Yaghmour
From: Karim Yaghmour @ 2013-08-12  0:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Steven Rostedt, mingo

Wondering if there's a way for reading perf counters in the kernel. I'd
like to read/record perf counters on ftrace function tracing
entries/exits to provide a rundown of the value of various counters on
function call boundaries.

[ Steven: apologies for sending you a duplicate here of what I somewhat
already sent privately. ]

--
Karim Yaghmour
CEO - Opersys inc. / www.opersys.com