* Re: device_create_file returns 0 but doesn't work
       [not found] <l00j5e$8b0$1@ger.gmane.org>
@ 2013-09-02  4:48 ` Ian Pilcher
From: Ian Pilcher @ 2013-09-02  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-leds, kernelnewbies, linux-kernel

On 09/01/2013 06:38 PM, Ian Pilcher wrote:
> I am trying to add an additional sysfs attribute to a device (LED) that
> is created by another driver.  (My ultimate goal is to provide a way for
> a userspace application to use the functionality provided by
> led_blink_set, which doesn't currently seem to be possible.)

Turns out it is possible, with the LED timer trigger, so this issue is
now moot.

> The kernel module code that sets up all the GPIOs & LEDs in my NAS is
> at:
>
>   http://pastebin.com/TJZGww8T
>
> The call to device_create_file is at line 373.
>
> device_create_file is returning 0, but the "foo" attribute is not being
> created.  ("find /sys -name '*foo*'" doesn't find anything, so I'm not
> just looking in the wrong place.)

Still rather odd that it doesn't work, however, since ledtrig-timer.c
seems to do pretty much the same thing.  Oh well.

Ian Pilcher                                         arequipeno@gmail.com
Sometimes there's nothing left to do but crash and burn...or die trying.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2013-09-02  4:48 UTC | newest]