* [Consult] About linux-next branches
@ 2013-10-15  2:32 Chen Gang
From: Chen Gang @ 2013-10-15  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-next; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hello All:

I am developing with linux-next tree which have multiple branches.

Now I use "git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git"
which is not updated within 2 weeks. But it seems other linux-next
branches continue updating.

So need I choose another linux-next tree for developing?

Welcome any members' suggestions or completions.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

* Re: [Consult] About linux-next branches
@ 2013-10-15  2:50 ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2013-10-15  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chen Gang, linux-next; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 10/14/13 19:32, Chen Gang wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I am developing with linux-next tree which have multiple branches.
>
> Now I use "git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git"
> which is not updated within 2 weeks. But it seems other linux-next
> branches continue updating.
>
> So need I choose another linux-next tree for developing?
>

> Welcome any members' suggestions or completions.
>
> Thanks.

The git location is announced in each day's linux-next announcement email.
E.g. (while Stephen Rothwell is taking a break):

<quote>
I've uploaded today's linux-next tree to the master branch of the
repository below:

        git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git

A next-20131014 tag is also provided for convenience.
</quote>

--
~Randy

* Re: [Consult] About linux-next branches
@ 2013-10-15  4:11   ` Chen Gang
From: Chen Gang @ 2013-10-15  4:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Dunlap; +Cc: linux-next, linux-kernel

Thank you very much for your information. :-)

On 10/15/2013 10:50 AM, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> On 10/14/13 19:32, Chen Gang wrote:
>> Hello All:
>>
>> I am developing with linux-next tree which have multiple branches.
>>
>> Now I use "git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git"
>> which is not updated within 2 weeks. But it seems other linux-next
>> branches continue updating.
>>
>> So need I choose another linux-next tree for developing?
>>

>> Welcome any members' suggestions or completions.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> The git location is announced in each day's linux-next announcement email.
> E.g. (while Stephen Rothwell is taking a break):

Oh, it is necessary. And next, I will/should wait for him back.

> <quote>
> I've uploaded today's linux-next tree to the master branch of the
> repository below:
>
>         git://gitorious.org/thierryreding/linux-next.git
>
> A next-20131014 tag is also provided for convenience.
> </quote>

OK, thanks. During these days, I will also use/reference it, although it
seems no akpm's next patches.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang