* RE: Bug in vsprintf.c - vsscanf()
@ 2003-09-02  4:59 Ramit Bhalla
From: Ramit Bhalla @ 2003-09-02  4:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy.Dunlap; +Cc: linux-kernel, alan

Oh sorry -
It's the 2.4.19 kernel version.

Ramit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Randy.Dunlap [mailto:rddunlap@osdl.org]
Sent: Monday, September 01, 2003 11:34 PM
To: Ramit Bhalla
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org; alan@redhat.com
Subject: Re: Bug in vsprintf.c - vsscanf()

> Hi,
>
> There appears to be a bug in vsprintf.c
> The function vsscanf (if I'm correct) is the kernel mode equivalent of user
> mode sscanf. If one tries to read a hex string using the format "%x" it
> returns an error if the read buffer contains any character other than 0-9.
>
> I believe the culprit lies on line 640 of vsprintf.c
>
> It should be "isxdigit" instead of "isdigit".
>
> Hope I'm not missing anything here :)

Like what kernel version...?

If it's 2.4.x, is it recent?

~Randy

* Re: Bug in vsprintf.c - vsscanf()
@ 2003-09-02 15:32 ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2003-09-02 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ramit Bhalla; +Cc: linux-kernel, alan

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:29:07 +0530 "Ramit Bhalla" <ramit.bhalla@wipro.com> wrote:

| Oh sorry -
| It's the 2.4.19 kernel version.

In that case you can look at more recent kernel versions and
see that it's already fixed.

~Randy

-
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:29:07 +0530 "Ramit Bhalla" <ramit.bhalla@wipro.com> wrote:

| Oh sorry -
| It's the 2.4.19 kernel version.

In that case you can look at more recent kernel versions and
see that it's already fixed.

~Randy

* Re: Bug in vsprintf.c - vsscanf()
@ 2003-09-01 18:03 ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2003-09-01 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ramit.bhalla; +Cc: linux-kernel, alan

> Hi,
>
> There appears to be a bug in vsprintf.c
> The function vsscanf (if I'm correct) is the kernel mode equivalent of user
> mode sscanf. If one tries to read a hex string using the format "%x" it
> returns an error if the read buffer contains any character other than 0-9.
>
> I believe the culprit lies on line 640 of vsprintf.c
>
> It should be "isxdigit" instead of "isdigit".
>
> Hope I'm not missing anything here :)

Like what kernel version...?

If it's 2.4.x, is it recent?

~Randy