* mtip32xx blk-mq status?
@ 2014-02-26 19:29 Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2014-02-26 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe, Sam Bradshaw, Asai Thambi S P; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi all,

with blk-mq stabilizing in mainline and Jens using mtip32xx as tje major
example drivers in the past is there any progress on getting the
conversion finished and merged?

* Re: mtip32xx blk-mq status?
@ 2014-02-26 19:40 ` Asai Thambi S P
From: Asai Thambi S P @ 2014-02-26 19:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig; +Cc: Jens Axboe, Sam Bradshaw, linux-kernel

> Hi all,
>
> with blk-mq stabilizing in mainline and Jens using mtip32xx as tje major
> example drivers in the past is there any progress on getting the
> conversion finished and merged?

We are working on few changes in mtip32xx. After that, we will get to
blk-mq merge.

Asai

* Re: mtip32xx blk-mq status?
@ 2014-02-26 21:10 ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2014-02-26 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph Hellwig, Sam Bradshaw, Asai Thambi S P; +Cc: linux-kernel

On 2014-02-26 11:29, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> with blk-mq stabilizing in mainline and Jens using mtip32xx as tje major
> example drivers in the past is there any progress on getting the
> conversion finished and merged?

I'll pick up the pieces as soon as I get back and can test again. The
basic conversion is easy enough, I'll just dust that off. On top of that
I started splitting the issue groups up, since it actually gets you a
good step further than just the basic conversion.

The only problem area I ran into was the special case of the unaligned
writes.

--
Jens Axboe

* RE: mtip32xx blk-mq status?
@ 2014-02-27  4:42   ` Sam Bradshaw (sbradshaw)
From: Sam Bradshaw (sbradshaw) @ 2014-02-27  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jens Axboe, Christoph Hellwig,
	Asai Thambi Samymuthu Pattrayasamy (asamymuthupa)
  Cc: linux-kernel

> On 2014-02-26 11:29, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > with blk-mq stabilizing in mainline and Jens using mtip32xx as tje
> major
> > example drivers in the past is there any progress on getting the
> > conversion finished and merged?
>
> I'll pick up the pieces as soon as I get back and can test again. The
> basic conversion is easy enough, I'll just dust that off. On top of
> that
> I started splitting the issue groups up, since it actually gets you a
> good step further than just the basic conversion.

If you have a public branch for the latter, send it our way.  We can
help with the SRSI testing.

> The only problem area I ran into was the special case of the unaligned
> writes.

Yup, it's a painful limitation.  If you need any p420m hardware, let me
know.

-Sam

* Re: mtip32xx blk-mq status?
@ 2014-02-27  5:07     ` Jens Axboe
From: Jens Axboe @ 2014-02-27  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Bradshaw (sbradshaw),
	Christoph Hellwig,
	Asai Thambi Samymuthu Pattrayasamy (asamymuthupa)
  Cc: linux-kernel

On 2014-02-26 20:42, Sam Bradshaw (sbradshaw) wrote:

>> On 2014-02-26 11:29, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> with blk-mq stabilizing in mainline and Jens using mtip32xx as tje
>> major
>>> example drivers in the past is there any progress on getting the
>>> conversion finished and merged?
>>
>> I'll pick up the pieces as soon as I get back and can test again. The
>> basic conversion is easy enough, I'll just dust that off. On top of
>> that
>> I started splitting the issue groups up, since it actually gets you a
>> good step further than just the basic conversion.
>
> If you have a public branch for the latter, send it our way.  We can
> help with the SRSI testing.

Thanks, I'll get it setup next week.

>> The only problem area I ran into was the special case of the unaligned
>> writes.
>
> Yup, it's a painful limitation.  If you need any p420m hardware, let me
> know.

Sure, a card for testing is always useful.

--
Jens Axboe