* scripts/gdb: multi arch lx_current
@ 2015-05-27  3:29 Thiébaud Weksteen
From: Thiébaud Weksteen @ 2015-05-27  3:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Jan,

I've been working on lx_current and cpus.py to support other architectures
than just x86. From my understanding, current/get_current are not available
with the default debug option (-g). We could either modify that level so that
the inline functions/macros are available or reimplement part of logic to
retrieve the current task (sp masking, etc).

Are there any other options to retrieve the current task? What do you
recommend?

Thiebaud

* Re: scripts/gdb: multi arch lx_current
@ 2015-07-21 20:48 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2015-07-21 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thiébaud Weksteen; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Thiebaud,

sorry, just realized that this fell through the cracks after vacation
back then.

On 2015-05-27 05:29, Thiébaud Weksteen wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I've been working on lx_current and cpus.py to support other architectures
> than just x86. From my understanding, current/get_current are not available
> with the default debug option (-g). We could either modify that level so that
> the inline functions/macros are available or reimplement part of logic to
> retrieve the current task (sp masking, etc).
>
> Are there any other options to retrieve the current task? What do you
> recommend?

I would prefer the reimplementation like we do elsewhere already.
Debugging should remain minimal invasive to the kernel.

Jan