* How to ensure that different peripherals getting different IOVA address in kernel?
       [not found] <5600AF72.2000106@hisilicon.com>
@ 2015-09-23  1:55 ` chenfeng
From: chenfeng @ 2015-09-23  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: joro, iommu, linux-kernel, rcallicotte, robin.murphy, jiang.liu
  Cc: Dan zhao, qijiwen, Peter Panshilin, Suzhuangluan, Yiping Xu,
	Wangfei (William, Euler)

Hi all,

In IOMMU architecture , how to make two different peripherals share the same page table ?

In other words , is there a mechanism or structure to make two peripherals get completely different address.

eg:

peri-A、peri-B and peri-C share the same iova address 0-1G for some performance requests.

So the A,B,C need to use the same IOVA generator to ensure this,but I don't find an architecture to make this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Puck

* Re: How to ensure that different peripherals getting different IOVA address in kernel?
@ 2015-09-23  2:42   ` Jiang Liu
From: Jiang Liu @ 2015-09-23  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chenfeng, joro, iommu, linux-kernel, rcallicotte, robin.murphy
  Cc: Dan zhao, qijiwen, Peter Panshilin, Suzhuangluan, Yiping Xu,
	Wangfei (William, Euler)

On 2015/9/23 9:55, chenfeng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In IOMMU architecture , how to make two different peripherals share the same page table ?
>
> In other words , is there a mechanism or structure to make two peripherals get completely different address.
>
> eg:
>
> peri-A、peri-B and peri-C share the same iova address 0-1G for some performance requests.
>
> So the A,B,C need to use the same IOVA generator to ensure this,but I don't find an architecture to make this.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
Hi Chenfeng,
	Seems IOMMU group may help you, please take a look at
Documentation/vfio.txt.
Thanks!
Gerry

* Re: How to ensure that different peripherals getting different IOVA address in kernel?
@ 2015-09-23 12:08   ` Robin Murphy
From: Robin Murphy @ 2015-09-23 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: chenfeng, joro, iommu, linux-kernel, rcallicotte, jiang.liu
  Cc: Dan zhao, qijiwen, Peter Panshilin, Suzhuangluan, Yiping Xu,
	Wangfei (William, Euler)

On 23/09/15 02:55, chenfeng wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In IOMMU architecture , how to make two different peripherals share the same page table ?
>
> In other words , is there a mechanism or structure to make two peripherals get completely different address.
>
> eg:
>
> peri-A、peri-B and peri-C share the same iova address 0-1G for some performance requests.
>
> So the A,B,C need to use the same IOVA generator to ensure this,but I don't find an architecture to make this.

This is what IOMMU domains are all about: devices in one domain are
isolated from devices in different domains, so all you need to do is
make sure all devices that want to share buffers are attached to the
same domain, then they will all share that domain's IOVA space.

Robin.