* Nokia N900: Adjust MPU OPP values
@ 2016-01-02 14:31 Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2016-01-02 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren
  Cc: Aaro Koskinen, Nishanth Menon, Pavel Machel, Ivaylo Dimitrov,
	Sebastian Reichel, linux-omap, linux-kernel

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 450 bytes --]

Hello,

MPU OPP table table (omap36xx_vddcore_volt_data) defined in
opp3xxx_data.c does not match Nokia N900 phone. For a long time we have
dirty patch in linux-n900 tree for it, see:

https://github.com/pali/linux-n900/commit/4644c5801d7469e2be01d847c61df3d934dadd8c

Now when doing transition to device tree, is there any way how correct
MPU OOP table for Nokia N900 could be defined in DT file?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com

* Re: Nokia N900: Adjust MPU OPP values
@ 2016-01-02 17:16 ` Tony Lindgren
From: Tony Lindgren @ 2016-01-02 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pali Rohár
  Cc: Aaro Koskinen, Nishanth Menon, Pavel Machel, Ivaylo Dimitrov,
	Sebastian Reichel, linux-omap, linux-kernel

* Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> [160102 06:31]:
> Hello,
>
> MPU OPP table table (omap36xx_vddcore_volt_data) defined in
> opp3xxx_data.c does not match Nokia N900 phone. For a long time we have
> dirty patch in linux-n900 tree for it, see:
>
> https://github.com/pali/linux-n900/commit/4644c5801d7469e2be01d847c61df3d934dadd8c
>
> Now when doing transition to device tree, is there any way how correct
> MPU OOP table for Nokia N900 could be defined in DT file?

Hmm I'd assume we can just define this in the dts.. Nishanth, got
any comments on this one?

Regards,

Tony

* Re: Nokia N900: Adjust MPU OPP values
@ 2016-01-02 20:38   ` Nishanth Menon
From: Nishanth Menon @ 2016-01-02 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tony Lindgren, Pali Rohár
  Cc: Aaro Koskinen, Nishanth Menon, Pavel Machel, Ivaylo Dimitrov,

On 01/02/2016 11:16 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> [160102 06:31]:
>> Hello,
>>
>> MPU OPP table table (omap36xx_vddcore_volt_data) defined in
>> opp3xxx_data.c does not match Nokia N900 phone. For a long time we have
>> dirty patch in linux-n900 tree for it, see:
>>
>> https://github.com/pali/linux-n900/commit/4644c5801d7469e2be01d847c61df3d934dadd8c
>>
>> Now when doing transition to device tree, is there any way how correct
>> MPU OOP table for Nokia N900 could be defined in DT file?
>
> Hmm I'd assume we can just define this in the dts.. Nishanth, got
> any comments on this one?

We already have definitions in dtb for omap3 OPPs. I think we should
start using device tree as default. the oppxx_data.c is sticking around
waiting for legacy boot to go away, then those files should be deleted.

Nishanth Menon

* Re: Nokia N900: Adjust MPU OPP values
@ 2016-01-05  8:53     ` Pali Rohár
From: Pali Rohár @ 2016-01-05  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ivaylo Dimitrov
  Cc: Tony Lindgren, Aaro Koskinen, Nishanth Menon, Pavel Machel,
	Ivaylo Dimitrov, Sebastian Reichel, linux-omap, linux-kernel,
	Nishanth Menon

On Saturday 02 January 2016 14:38:36 Nishanth Menon wrote:
> On 01/02/2016 11:16 AM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > * Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@gmail.com> [160102 06:31]:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> MPU OPP table table (omap36xx_vddcore_volt_data) defined in
> >> opp3xxx_data.c does not match Nokia N900 phone. For a long time we have
> >> dirty patch in linux-n900 tree for it, see:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/pali/linux-n900/commit/4644c5801d7469e2be01d847c61df3d934dadd8c
> >>
> >> Now when doing transition to device tree, is there any way how correct
> >> MPU OOP table for Nokia N900 could be defined in DT file?
> >
> > Hmm I'd assume we can just define this in the dts.. Nishanth, got
> > any comments on this one?
> >

> We already have definitions in dtb for omap3 OPPs. I think we should
> start using device tree as default. the oppxx_data.c is sticking around
> waiting for legacy boot to go away, then those files should be deleted.

Freemangordon, maybe... would it be possible to add (now stable and
tested by lot of users) OPP table from Maemo kernel-power to DTS?

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar@gmail.com