* Is the hisilicon tree maintained ?
@ 2018-02-02  6:59 Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2018-02-02  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wei Xu,

I found in the MAINTAINERS file the hisilicon tree is at:

https://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi

But, (except I missed it) I didn't find any update since Nov, 2017.

Is that tree maintained ?

Thanks?

  -- Daniel

--
 <http://www.linaro.org/> Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs

Follow Linaro:  <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> Facebook |
<http://twitter.com/#!/linaroorg> Twitter |
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/> Blog

* Re: Is the hisilicon tree maintained ?
@ 2018-02-02 11:42 ` Wei Xu
From: Wei Xu @ 2018-02-02 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

On 2018/2/2 6:59, Daniel Lezcano wrote:

> Hi Wei Xu,
>
> I found in the MAINTAINERS file the hisilicon tree is at:
>
> https://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi
>
> But, (except I missed it) I didn't find any update since Nov, 2017.
>
> Is that tree maintained ?

Yes. It is still maintained.
You can find update from other branches or the tags like next/dt64.
I will update the master when every rc1 is released.

Best Regards,
Wei

@ 2018-02-02 12:05   ` Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2018-02-02 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/02/2018 12:42, Wei Xu wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 2018/2/2 6:59, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>>
>> Hi Wei Xu,
>>
>> I found in the MAINTAINERS file the hisilicon tree is at:
>>
>> https://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi
>>
>> But, (except I missed it) I didn't find any update since Nov, 2017.
>>
>> Is that tree maintained ?
>
> Yes. It is still maintained.
> You can find update from other branches or the tags like next/dt64.
> I will update the master when every rc1 is released.

Is there a development branch for something else than the DT ?

--

@ 2018-02-02 12:10     ` Wei Xu
From: Wei Xu @ 2018-02-02 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

On 2018/2/2 12:05, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 12:42, Wei Xu wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,
>>
>> On 2018/2/2 6:59, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Wei Xu,
>>>
>>> I found in the MAINTAINERS file the hisilicon tree is at:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/hisilicon/linux-hisi
>>>
>>> But, (except I missed it) I didn't find any update since Nov, 2017.
>>>
>>> Is that tree maintained ?
>>
>> Yes. It is still maintained.
>> You can find update from other branches or the tags like next/dt64.
>> I will update the master when every rc1 is released.
>
> Is there a development branch for something else than the DT ?

Sorry, no developing branch is there.
But we will create one if needed like the topic-acpi-mbigen branch.
And most of development branches are kept in another git repo.

Best Regards,
Wei

* Re: Is the hisilicon tree maintained ?
@ 2018-02-02 13:34       ` Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2018-02-02 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/02/2018 13:10, Wei Xu wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 2018/2/2 12:05, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 12:42, Wei Xu wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Yes. It is still maintained.
>>> You can find update from other branches or the tags like next/dt64.
>>> I will update the master when every rc1 is released.
>>
>> Is there a development branch for something else than the DT ?
>
> Sorry, no developing branch is there.
> But we will create one if needed like the topic-acpi-mbigen branch.
> And most of development branches are kept in another git repo.

What is the purpose of this tree? Why not rely on arm-soc?

--

@ 2018-02-02 13:48         ` Wei Xu
From: Wei Xu @ 2018-02-02 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

On 2018/2/2 13:34, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 13:10, Wei Xu wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Is there a development branch for something else than the DT ?
>>
>> Sorry, no developing branch is there.
>> But we will create one if needed like the topic-acpi-mbigen branch.
>> And most of development branches are kept in another git repo.
>
> What is the purpose of this tree? Why not rely on arm-soc?

Currently it is mainly a place to pick up the patches
and save the pull request.

Best Regards,
Wei

* Re: Is the hisilicon tree maintained ?
@ 2018-02-02 13:53           ` Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2018-02-02 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/02/2018 14:48, Wei Xu wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 2018/2/2 13:34, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 13:10, Wei Xu wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Sorry, no developing branch is there.
>>> But we will create one if needed like the topic-acpi-mbigen branch.
>>> And most of development branches are kept in another git repo.
>>
>> What is the purpose of this tree? Why not rely on arm-soc?
>
> Currently it is mainly a place to pick up the patches
> and save the pull request.

What is the other repo with development branches you mentioned above ?

--

@ 2018-02-02 14:04             ` Wei Xu
From: Wei Xu @ 2018-02-02 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

On 2018/2/2 13:53, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 14:48, Wei Xu wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,

>>> What is the purpose of this tree? Why not rely on arm-soc?
>>
>> Currently it is mainly a place to pick up the patches
>> and save the pull request.
>
> What is the other repo with development branches you mentioned above ?

Sorry, they are private repos in the github hisilicon and are for the SoC
enablement like hip06, hip07 and so on.
But if you can share what kind of information you want, I can create a
public branch in the hisilicon/linux-hisi repo if I have those.

Best Regards,
Wei

* Re: Is the hisilicon tree maintained ?
@ 2018-02-02 14:29               ` Daniel Lezcano
From: Daniel Lezcano @ 2018-02-02 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/02/2018 15:04, Wei Xu wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> On 2018/2/2 13:53, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> On 02/02/2018 14:48, Wei Xu wrote:
>>> Hi Daniel,

>>> Currently it is mainly a place to pick up the patches
>>> and save the pull request.
>>
>> What is the other repo with development branches you mentioned above ?
>
> Sorry, they are private repos in the github hisilicon and are for the SoC
> enablement like hip06, hip07 and so on.
> But if you can share what kind of information you want, I can create a
> public branch in the hisilicon/linux-hisi repo if I have those.

Actually I was expecting to see an up-to-date branch I can rely on to
base my patches.

Apparently there is very few dev on this tree. Why not change the tree
to arm-soc in the MAINTAINERS file ?

--

@ 2018-02-02 14:45                 ` Wei Xu
From: Wei Xu @ 2018-02-02 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Daniel,

On 2018/2/2 14:29, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 02/02/2018 15:04, Wei Xu wrote:
>> Hi Daniel,

>>> What is the other repo with development branches you mentioned above ?
>>
>> Sorry, they are private repos in the github hisilicon and are for the SoC
>> enablement like hip06, hip07 and so on.
>> But if you can share what kind of information you want, I can create a
>> public branch in the hisilicon/linux-hisi repo if I have those.
>
> Actually I was expecting to see an up-to-date branch I can rely on to
> base my patches.

As a arm sub SoC maintainer, the patches come to me mainly are related with
dts, defconfig, arch/arm/hisilicon and drivers/platform.
Generally you can based your patches on rc1 and there is very few case your
patches will be conflicted with others.

> Apparently there is very few dev on this tree. Why not change the tree
> to arm-soc in the MAINTAINERS file ?

Yes, no much development on this tree.
But it is still benefit for hisilicon and the community.
And other silicon vendors also do like this.

Best Regards,
Wei