* tools bugs: make clean deletes files in the git tree
@ 2019-03-26  8:45 Adrian Hunter
From: Adrian Hunter @ 2019-03-26  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LKML, Gustavo Pimentel, Lorenzo Pieralisi,
	Kishon Vijay Abraham I, Joe Lawrence, Josh Poimboeuf,
	Jiri Kosina

Hi

Doing:

	make -C tools clean

Results in:

	git diff --stat
	 tools/pci/pcitest.sh                                  |  72 ----------------
	 tools/testing/selftests/livepatch/test-callbacks.sh   | 587 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
	 tools/testing/selftests/livepatch/test-livepatch.sh   | 168 ------------------------------------
	 tools/testing/selftests/livepatch/test-shadow-vars.sh |  60 -------------
	 4 files changed, 887 deletions(-)

i.e. 'make clean' seems to be deleting files that are in the git tree.

Regards
Adrian

* Re: tools bugs: make clean deletes files in the git tree
@ 2019-03-26 15:11 ` Joe Lawrence
From: Joe Lawrence @ 2019-03-26 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adrian Hunter, LKML, Gustavo Pimentel, Lorenzo Pieralisi,
	Kishon Vijay Abraham I, Josh Poimboeuf, Jiri Kosina

On 3/26/19 4:45 AM, Adrian Hunter wrote:
> Hi
>
> Doing:
>
> 	make -C tools clean
>
> Results in:
>
> 	git diff --stat
> 	 tools/pci/pcitest.sh                                  |  72 ----------------
> 	 tools/testing/selftests/livepatch/test-livepatch.sh   | 168 ------------------------------------
> 	 tools/testing/selftests/livepatch/test-shadow-vars.sh |  60 -------------
> 	 4 files changed, 887 deletions(-)
>
> i.e. 'make clean' seems to be deleting files that are in the git tree.
>
> Regards
> Adrian

Hi Adrian -- thanks for the report.  I will fixup the livepatch
selftests Makefile and post a patch shortly.

-- Joe