* proc fs
@ 2001-04-12  9:55 Srinivas Surabhi
From: Srinivas Surabhi @ 2001-04-12  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

hi all,

  please help me to know how the proc file system is
created/implemented.
  What are the source files,documentation related?

  thanks in advance

bye
srinivas

* Proc fs
@ 2001-08-14 16:50 Korosi Akos
From: Korosi Akos @ 2001-08-14 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hello!

First I'm sorry if my question is offtopic, or it is not
for this list, but I need a fast help. (I'm really out of
time)
I want to write a module, which communicates through
the /proc fs, but I don't know which kernel function to use
in 2.4.x kernel instead of proc_register(), that was used
with 2.0.x and 2.2.x kernel.
I searched for the answer for days on net, and in headers,
but I didn't find anything (it is certainly because I'm new
in Linux Community).
I would also be happy, if you redirect me to where I could
find answers for such questions...
(sorry because of my English..)

Thank you
Akos