* Double-click on touchpad
@ 2003-12-05  7:45 Jean-Marc Valin
From: Jean-Marc Valin @ 2003-12-05  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel

I'm running 2.6.0-test11 on a Dell Latitude D600 laptop and I'm having
some problems with the touchpad. For some reason, if I hit the touchpad
twice, the driver seems to generate a triple-click instead of a double
click. However, clicking on the actual button twice correctly generates
a double-click. I checked and 2.4 behaves correctly. Is that a bug or
did something just changed in the way the mouse is handled.

	Jean-Marc

P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list

--
Jean-Marc Valin, M.Sc.A., ing. jr.
LABORIUS (http://www.gel.usherb.ca/laborius)

[-- Attachment #2: Ceci est une partie de message numériquement signée. --]

* Re: Double-click on touchpad
@ 2003-12-05  9:32 ` Misha Nasledov
From: Misha Nasledov @ 2003-12-05  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Marc Valin; +Cc: Linux Kernel

Do you have both /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice in your XF86Config file? In
2.6, these are the same thing, so it actually opens the same mouse twice and
it can cause such weird issues with it.

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:45:04AM -0500, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> I'm running 2.6.0-test11 on a Dell Latitude D600 laptop and I'm having
> some problems with the touchpad. For some reason, if I hit the touchpad
> twice, the driver seems to generate a triple-click instead of a double
> click. However, clicking on the actual button twice correctly generates
> a double-click. I checked and 2.4 behaves correctly. Is that a bug or
> did something just changed in the way the mouse is handled.
>
> 	Jean-Marc
>
> P.S. I'm not subscribed to the list

--
Misha Nasledov
misha@nasledov.com

* Re: Double-click on touchpad
@ 2003-12-05 15:16   ` Jean-Marc Valin
From: Jean-Marc Valin @ 2003-12-05 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Misha Nasledov; +Cc: Linux Kernel

Le ven 05/12/2003 à 04:32, Misha Nasledov a écrit :
> Do you have both /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice in your XF86Config file? In
> 2.6, these are the same thing, so it actually opens the same mouse twice and
> it can cause such weird issues with it.

OK, I removed /dev/input/mice and it now behaves correctly. Now I'm just
not sure how I can add a secondary USB mouse in these conditions...

Thanks,

	Jean-Marc

--

@ 2003-12-05 15:29     ` Sean Neakums
From: Sean Neakums @ 2003-12-05 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin@USherbrooke.ca> writes:

> Le ven 05/12/2003 à 04:32, Misha Nasledov a écrit :
>> Do you have both /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice in your XF86Config file? In
>> 2.6, these are the same thing, so it actually opens the same mouse twice and
>> it can cause such weird issues with it.
>
> OK, I removed /dev/input/mice and it now behaves correctly. Now I'm just
> not sure how I can add a secondary USB mouse in these conditions...

You could restore /dev/input/mice mice and remove /dev/psaux instead.

--
Not bad, for a human.

* Re: Double-click on touchpad
@ 2003-12-05 18:07     ` Misha Nasledov
From: Misha Nasledov @ 2003-12-05 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean-Marc Valin; +Cc: Linux Kernel

Under 2.6, this functions as both mice. However, if you go back to 2.4, you
will have to re-add the other entry to restore original functionality.