* Param-oldstyle.patch
@ 2003-02-27  9:47 Eng Se-Hsieng
From: Eng Se-Hsieng @ 2003-02-27  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Dear all,

I receive the following error message while compiling an 'old-style'
driver in 2.5.59:
'MOD_IN_USE': undeclared function

However, when applying 'param-oldstyle.patch.gz' to support old-style
"MODULE_PARM" declarations, I get

Patching file include/linux/module.h
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]

I think that if the patch had already been applied, I should get an
option:
[]config OBSOLETE_MODPARM

But my current kernel configuration looks like this and I can't find
[]config OBSOLETE_MODPARM anywhere:

[Y]Enable loadable module support
	[Y] Module unloading
		[]Forced module unloading
	[Y] Kernel module loader

I would be grateful for any advice on how to successfully apply the
patch and compile this device driver for 2.5.59.

Thank you.

Regards,
Se-Hsieng

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-02-27  9:37 UTC | newest]