* 2.6.23: does it supposed to work on an i486?
@ 2007-11-30 17:32 Michael Tokarev
From: Michael Tokarev @ 2007-11-30 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I tried to upgrade one of our ooooold machines
(used as print servers and similar tasks) today
from 2.6.22 to 2.6.23[.9].  The same config (with
minor tweaks for new options), i486 base arch,
X86_GENERIC=y.

The result is immediately machine reboot right
after bootloader (etherboot) passes control to
the kernel -- BEFORE "Uncompressing linux"
message.

2.6.22 worked just fine.

So I wonder if it's supposed to work in the first
place.  The thing is that this machine(s) are very
slow to boot, so trying to figure out which change
is at question will require quite some time...

Thanks.

/mjt