* linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the arm-soc-fixes tree
@ 2020-08-21  5:19 Stephen Rothwell
From: Stephen Rothwell @ 2020-08-21  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olof Johansson, Arnd Bergmann, ARM

Hi all,

Commits

  8d53ecfbf231 ("arm64: dts: xilinx: Align IOMMU nodename with dtschema")
  b4b6fb8de8dc ("arm64: dts: zynqmp: Add GTR transceivers")

are missing a Signed-off-by from their committer.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the arm-soc-fixes tree
@ 2020-08-21 16:18 ` Olof Johansson
From: Olof Johansson @ 2020-08-21 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Michal Simek

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:19 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Commits
>
>   8d53ecfbf231 ("arm64: dts: xilinx: Align IOMMU nodename with dtschema")
>   b4b6fb8de8dc ("arm64: dts: zynqmp: Add GTR transceivers")
>
> are missing a Signed-off-by from their committer.

Ah, I see what happened here. I've been relying on some of my
semi-automation scripts for catching this, but I had to use regular
manual git merge for this branch due to GPG signatures not capturing
it in patchwork.

Since the committer was Michal, and the pull request came from him, we
still have the chain of contribution documented, but I'll keep this in
mind on future manual merges.

-Olof

* Re: linux-next: Signed-off-by missing for commits in the arm-soc-fixes tree
@ 2020-08-24  7:17   ` Michal Simek
From: Michal Simek @ 2020-08-24  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olof Johansson, Stephen Rothwell
	Linux Kernel Mailing List

On 21. 08. 20 18:18, Olof Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 10:19 PM Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Commits
>>
>>   8d53ecfbf231 ("arm64: dts: xilinx: Align IOMMU nodename with dtschema")
>>   b4b6fb8de8dc ("arm64: dts: zynqmp: Add GTR transceivers")
>>
>> are missing a Signed-off-by from their committer.
>
> Ah, I see what happened here. I've been relying on some of my
> semi-automation scripts for catching this, but I had to use regular
> manual git merge for this branch due to GPG signatures not capturing
> it in patchwork.
>
> Since the committer was Michal, and the pull request came from him, we
> still have the chain of contribution documented, but I'll keep this in
> mind on future manual merges.

Sorry about it. I expect I don't need to do anything but I have at least
add checking to git hooks to make sure that this won't happen again.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854