* mmap method implementation question
@ 2003-07-14 12:49 Bloch, Jack
From: Bloch, Jack @ 2003-07-14 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

I jave a device driver which was originaly created for a Kernel 2.4.18-3. It
has an mmap method which uses a call to remap_page_range. In this call, I
pass the in the logical start address, the physical address, the size and
protection mappings. I have upgraded the Kernel to a 2.4.20-8 and now my
remap_page_range call does not compile. It requires me to pass the vma
structure as a first parameter. What changed? Whys is this necessary?

Please CC me directly on any responses.

Thanks in advance,

Jack Bloch
Siemens ICN
phone                (561) 923-6550
e-mail                jack.bloch@icn.siemens.com

* Re: mmap method implementation question
@ 2003-07-14 15:25 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2003-07-14 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Llu, 2003-07-14 at 13:49, Bloch, Jack wrote:
> I jave a device driver which was originaly created for a Kernel 2.4.18-3. It
> has an mmap method which uses a call to remap_page_range. In this call, I
> pass the in the logical start address, the physical address, the size and
> protection mappings. I have upgraded the Kernel to a 2.4.20-8 and now my
> remap_page_range call does not compile. It requires me to pass the vma
> structure as a first parameter. What changed? Whys is this necessary?

You should ask Red Hat. 2.4.20 doesn't have this property.