* RE: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-06  7:02 Nitin Dhingra
From: Nitin Dhingra @ 2001-09-06  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Ben Greear'; +Cc: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org'

Hi Ben,
	That is a pretty old iscsi draft that you have pointed to.
The latest iscsi draft ver 7 is available from ietf.org
I have about 5 different code's for iScsi

1) by Cisco :
		I checked the code I guess this one is
		working on both client and server Code

2) by Intel :
		I checked the code faked on the server side
		and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.

3) by UNH :
		I checked the code faked on the server side
		and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.

4) by Chris Loveland :
		I checked the code faked on the server side
		I don't remember right now where I got this one's code from

5) by Ashish A. Palekar :
		I checked the code I guess this one is
		working on both client and server Code
		and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
		I don't remember where I got this one's code from

I guess cisco's code has also implemented authentication & security.
I think someone gave you the links and you must have d/l by now.
I guess by the end this year end there will be support for iScsi in
Linux Kernel.

- Nitin

From: Beihong Wu @ 2001-09-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nitin Dhingra, 'Ben Greear'; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi Nitin,
I am also investigating the iSCSI stuff now, and focusing on the server
side. I found most implementors have no support to authentication and
security. That's the reason why I prefer to the Cisco one, which support
CHAP authentication. But I can't find the server code in their site,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-iscsi/, only the driver and daemon on
client side here. So can you tell me where I can get a linux server code
matching this client?

Thank you very much,

Beihong Wu

> That is a pretty old iscsi draft that you have pointed to.
> The latest iscsi draft ver 7 is available from ietf.org
> I have about 5 different code's for iScsi
>
> 1) by Cisco :
> I checked the code I guess this one is
> working on both client and server Code
>
> 2) by Intel :
> I checked the code faked on the server side
> and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
>
> 3) by UNH :
> I checked the code faked on the server side
> and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
>
> 4) by Chris Loveland :
> I checked the code faked on the server side
> I don't remember right now where I got this one's code from
>
> 5) by Ashish A. Palekar :
> I checked the code I guess this one is
> working on both client and server Code
> and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
> I don't remember where I got this one's code from
>

> I guess cisco's code has also implemented authentication & security.
> I think someone gave you the links and you must have d/l by now.
> I guess by the end this year end there will be support for iScsi in
> Linux Kernel.
>
> - Nitin

* Re: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-13 22:37   ` Rick Ellis
From: Rick Ellis @ 2001-09-13 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

In article <017401c13c61$9fc5d000$0a02a8c0@consensys.com> you write:

>I am also investigating the iSCSI stuff now, and focusing on the server
>side. I found most implementors have no support to authentication and
>security. That's the reason why I prefer to the Cisco one, which support
>CHAP authentication. But I can't find the server code in their site,
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-iscsi/, only the driver and daemon on
>client side here. So can you tell me where I can get a linux server code
>matching this client?

Have you tried the code from UNH?

  http://www.cs.uml.edu/~mbrown/iSCSI/

* Re: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-17 14:26 ` Beihong Wu
From: Beihong Wu @ 2001-09-17 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nitin Dhingra, linux-kernel

The one is the UNH one. I have already had it and investigated it. As you
said it has no authentication either. Faking the server side is not a
problem for me. What I need most is the implementation of the authentication
on the server side.

Thank you,

Beihong

Very glad to know you have the iSCSI server side code with authentication. I

* RE: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-14  4:55 Nitin Dhingra
From: Nitin Dhingra @ 2001-09-14  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'spamtrap@spinics.net', linux-kernel

UNH is faking on the server side and moreover it is not supporting
any security.

@ 2001-09-14  4:54 Nitin Dhingra

> That is a pretty old iscsi draft that you have pointed to.
> The latest iscsi draft ver 7 is available from ietf.org
> I have about 5 different code's for iScsi
>
> 1) by Cisco :
> I checked the code I guess this one is
> working on both client and server Code
>
> 2) by Intel :
> I checked the code faked on the server side
> and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
>
> 3) by UNH :
> I checked the code faked on the server side
> and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
>
> 4) by Chris Loveland :
> I checked the code faked on the server side
> I don't remember right now where I got this one's code from
>
> 5) by Ashish A. Palekar :
> I checked the code I guess this one is
> working on both client and server Code
> and was based on iscsi draft ver 3.
> I don't remember where I got this one's code from
>

> I guess cisco's code has also implemented authentication & security.
> I think someone gave you the links and you must have d/l by now.
> I guess by the end this year end there will be support for iScsi in
> Linux Kernel.
>
> - Nitin

* RE: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-06  7:05 Nitin Dhingra

@ 2001-09-05 18:31 ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2001-09-05 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: LKML

> Does anyone know of any efforts to support iSCSI in Linux?
> Here's the ietf draft if anyone is curious:

About five, for both ends of the system.

* Re: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-05 18:22 ` Roland Dreier
From: Roland Dreier @ 2001-09-05 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: LKML

    Ben> Does anyone know of any efforts to support iSCSI in Linux?

I know of three iSCSI initiator (ie host-side, not storage-side)
software projects:

  Cisco: <http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.net/>
  Intel: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/intel-iscsi/>
  UNH:   <http://www.cs.uml.edu/~mbrown/iSCSI/

Cisco's and UNH's software is GPLed, Intel is using a BSD-type
license.

Roland

* Re: iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-05 18:22 ` Chmouel Boudjnah
From: Chmouel Boudjnah @ 2001-09-05 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Greear; +Cc: LKML

Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com> writes:

> Does anyone know of any efforts to support iSCSI in Linux?
>
> Here's the ietf draft if anyone is curious:
>
> http://www.globecom.net/ietf/draft/draft-ietf-ips-iscsi-02.html

http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-iscsi/

* iSCSI support for Linux??
@ 2001-09-05 18:12 Ben Greear