* [GIT PULL] at91: fixes for 3.19 #1
@ 2014-12-12  9:46 Nicolas Ferre
From: Nicolas Ferre @ 2014-12-12  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnd Bergmann, Olof Johansson, arm
  Cc: Nicolas Ferre, Linux Kernel list, linux-arm-kernel,
	Alexandre Belloni, Boris BREZILLON,
	Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD, Linus Walleij,
	Ludovic Desroches

Arnd, Olof, Kevin,

I'm sending today a "fixes" branch which somehow continues the cleanup with
only code removal. I was waiting for the arm-soc *and* pinctrl material to
reach Linus T.'s tree before sending this pull-request. In fact this sequence
was needed for the gpio header removal. The little patch about #include
deletion just follows an earlier merge conflict in arm-soc tree: I was also
waiting for this moment before sending the definitive fix, just to be sure.

Otherwise, all is pretty straightforward.

Oh, one more thing: it is based on the current Linus' git tree, I can obviously
rebase everything on top of 3.19-rc1 once it is released if you prefer.

Thanks, best regards,

The following changes since commit 2756d373a3f45a3a9ebf4ac389f9e0e02bd35a93:

  Merge branch 'for-3.19' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tj/cgroup (2014-12-11 18:57:19 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/nferre/linux-at91.git tags/at91-fixes

for you to fetch changes up to 23db86fb6b514788f57b4ee96962352281139a63:

  ARM: at91/config: sama5: Remove DEBUG_LL (2014-12-12 10:14:56 +0100)

First fixes batch for AT91 on 3.19 folowing The big cleanup:
- removal of unused Kconfig RTC options
- GPIO header file is now close to the pinctrl driver
- little fix on #includes
- removal of DEBUG_LL from the sama5 common defconfig

Boris Brezillon (1):
      ARM: at91: remove useless header file includes

Maxime Ripard (1):
      ARM: at91/config: sama5: Remove DEBUG_LL

Nicolas Ferre (2):
      rtc: at91/Kconfig: remove useless options
      ARM: at91: remove unneeded header file

 arch/arm/configs/sama5_defconfig           |  2 -
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9g45.c           |  1 -
 arch/arm/mach-at91/at91sam9rl.c            |  1 -
 arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91_pio.h | 80 ------------------------------
 drivers/rtc/Kconfig                        | 28 -----------
 5 files changed, 112 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-at91/include/mach/at91_pio.h

--
Nicolas Ferre

* Re: [GIT PULL] at91: fixes for 3.19 #1
@ 2014-12-15 22:20 ` Kevin Hilman
From: Kevin Hilman @ 2014-12-15 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Ferre
  Cc: Arnd Bergmann, Olof Johansson, arm, Linux Kernel list,
	linux-arm-kernel, Alexandre Belloni, Boris BREZILLON,

Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@atmel.com> writes:

> Arnd, Olof, Kevin,
>
> I'm sending today a "fixes" branch which somehow continues the cleanup with
> only code removal. I was waiting for the arm-soc *and* pinctrl material to
> reach Linus T.'s tree before sending this pull-request. In fact this sequence
> was needed for the gpio header removal. The little patch about #include
> deletion just follows an earlier merge conflict in arm-soc tree: I was also
> waiting for this moment before sending the definitive fix, just to be sure.
>
> Otherwise, all is pretty straightforward.
>
> Oh, one more thing: it is based on the current Linus' git tree, I can obviously
> rebase everything on top of 3.19-rc1 once it is released if you prefer.

Yes, waiting a bit and basing on v3.19-rc1 is preferred since none of
this seems like urgent fixes needed for stuff introduced during the
merge window.

Thanks,

Kevin

* Re: [GIT PULL] at91: fixes for 3.19 #1
@ 2014-12-16 10:16   ` Nicolas Ferre
From: Nicolas Ferre @ 2014-12-16 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Hilman
  Cc: Arnd Bergmann, Olof Johansson, arm, Linux Kernel list,

Le 15/12/2014 23:20, Kevin Hilman a écrit :
> Nicolas Ferre <nicolas.ferre@atmel.com> writes:
>
>> Arnd, Olof, Kevin,
>>
>> I'm sending today a "fixes" branch which somehow continues the cleanup with
>> only code removal. I was waiting for the arm-soc *and* pinctrl material to
>> reach Linus T.'s tree before sending this pull-request. In fact this sequence
>> was needed for the gpio header removal. The little patch about #include
>> deletion just follows an earlier merge conflict in arm-soc tree: I was also
>> waiting for this moment before sending the definitive fix, just to be sure.
>>
>> Otherwise, all is pretty straightforward.
>>
>> Oh, one more thing: it is based on the current Linus' git tree, I can obviously
>> rebase everything on top of 3.19-rc1 once it is released if you prefer.
>
> Yes, waiting a bit and basing on v3.19-rc1 is preferred since none of
> this seems like urgent fixes needed for stuff introduced during the
> merge window.

Absolutely, I'll do this.

Bye,
--