* RE: hugetlb bug
@ 2006-01-18  8:46 Zhang, Yanmin
From: Zhang, Yanmin @ 2006-01-18  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Lee Irwin III, HuaFeijun; +Cc: linux-kernel

Did you check ipc? Command 'ipcs -a" could show all shared memory. I guess you app doesn't call shmctl(..., IPC_RMID, ...) after shmdt. Use ipcrm to release them manually.

* Re: hugetlb bug
@ 2006-01-18  8:37 ` William Lee Irwin III
From: William Lee Irwin III @ 2006-01-18  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: HuaFeijun; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 04:00:03PM +0800, HuaFeijun wrote:
> Is it kernel bug? The code works normally on ia64 machine,howerver, on
> EM64T,it fails tot work.
> The function call of shmat will change /proc/meminfo;and  the shmdt
> can't restore it to original content.  How to restore it to original
> stauts?Thanks.
> Is it kernel bug? The code works normally on ia64 machine,howerver,
> on EM64T,it fails tot work. The function call of shmat will change
> /proc/meminfo file's content;and  the shmdt can't restore the file's
> content.  How to restore it to original stauts?Thanks.

Kernel versions for EM64T and ia64?

-- wli

* hugetlb bug
@ 2006-01-18  8:00 HuaFeijun