* [2.6.0-test3] Hyperthreading gone
@ 2003-08-09 17:08 Florian Weimer
From: Florian Weimer @ 2003-08-09 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

ACPI with CPU enumeration is enabled, but the sibling CPUs aren't
activated.

This is all what I have of the boot message (standard buffer size is
too small, apparently):

CPU:     After all inits, caps: 3febfbff 00000000 00000000 00000080
Intel machine check architecture supported.
Intel machine check reporting enabled on CPU#3.
CPU#3: Intel P4/Xeon Extended MCE MSRs (12) available
CPU#3: Thermal monitoring enabled
CPU3: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 1.40GHz stepping 01
Total of 4 processors activated (11034.62 BogoMIPS).
WARNING: No sibling found for CPU 0.
WARNING: No sibling found for CPU 1.
WARNING: No sibling found for CPU 2.
WARNING: No sibling found for CPU 3.

Recent 2.4.x kernels (starting with 2.4.20 IIRC) support
Hyperthreading on this machine (Siemens Primergy H450).

* RE: [2.6.0-test3] Hyperthreading gone
@ 2003-08-12 16:05 Brown, Len
From: Brown, Len @ 2003-08-12 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hugh Dickins, Grover, Andrew
  Cc: Florian Weimer, Marcelo Tosatti, linux-kernel

Hugh,
My changes go to Marcelo via Andy.  This one has been waiting in his
staging area while he was out on vacation.  Now that he is back --
unless something broke in his tree -- I assume he'll be sending it along
to Marcelo shortly.

Cheers,
-Len

Ps. If you'd like to see the code, here it is:
Andy's tree:
http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/linux-acpi-2.4
Len's tree:
http://linux-acpi.bkbits.net:8080/to-andy-2.4

Pps. Feel free to use my intel e-mail account -- I use my yahoo account
mostly to reduce spam so I don't read it every day.