* ATI frame buffer
@ 2001-08-09 20:37 Louis Garcia
From: Louis Garcia @ 2001-08-09 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Does the ATI rage 128 fb support the radeon chip? If not does a driver
exist for this chip? I'm currently upgrading to have DRM support.

Thanks.

* Re: ATI frame buffer
@ 2001-08-09 21:23 ` Steven Walter
From: Steven Walter @ 2001-08-09 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Garcia; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 04:37:29PM -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:

> Does the ATI rage 128 fb support the radeon chip? If not does a driver
> exist for this chip? I'm currently upgrading to have DRM support.
>
> Thanks.

Yes, there is such a fb driver.  aty128

What does that have to do with DRM, however?
--
-Steven
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

* Re: ATI frame buffer
@ 2001-08-09 22:12 ` Louis Garcia
From: Louis Garcia @ 2001-08-09 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Walter; +Cc: linux-kernel

The docs for the aty128fb states that it only supports the Rage128 based
devices. You sure it's also for the radeon?

I currently have an unsupported video card.

Louis

On 09 Aug 2001 16:23:06 -0500, Steven Walter wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 04:37:29PM -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
> >
> > Does the ATI rage 128 fb support the radeon chip? If not does a driver
> > exist for this chip? I'm currently upgrading to have DRM support.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Yes, there is such a fb driver.  aty128
>
> What does that have to do with DRM, however?
> --
> -Steven
> In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
> 			-- George Orwell

* Re: ATI frame buffer
@ 2001-08-09 22:25   ` James Simmons
From: James Simmons @ 2001-08-09 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Garcia

> The docs for the aty128fb states that it only supports the Rage128 based
> devices. You sure it's also for the radeon?

aty128fb does NOT work for the radeon cards!!! Their is a radeonfb.c
driver out their somewhere. I have seen it before.

* Re: ATI frame buffer
@ 2001-08-09 22:28   ` Steven Walter
From: Steven Walter @ 2001-08-09 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Louis Garcia; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:12:57PM -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
> The docs for the aty128fb states that it only supports the Rage128 based
> devices. You sure it's also for the radeon?
>
> I currently have an unsupported video card.
>
> Louis

Ohh... I was thinking that the Radeon was a card that used the Rage128
chip.

Nonetheless, you should still be able to use the vesa framebuffer.
--

@ 2001-08-09 22:35     ` Alan Cox
From: Alan Cox @ 2001-08-09 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Walter; +Cc: Louis Garcia, linux-kernel

> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:12:57PM -0400, Louis Garcia wrote:
> > The docs for the aty128fb states that it only supports the Rage128 based
> > devices. You sure it's also for the radeon?
> > I currently have an unsupported video card.
> > Louis
>
> Ohh... I was thinking that the Radeon was a card that used the Rage128
> chip.

Radeon is a chip of its own - way faster, way neater and with XFree 4.1
direct rendering 3D support

* Re: ATI frame buffer
@ 2001-08-10  2:59     ` Paul Mundt
From: Paul Mundt @ 2001-08-10  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Simmons
	Linux Fbdev development list

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 03:25:44PM -0700, James Simmons wrote:
> > The docs for the aty128fb states that it only supports the Rage128 based
> > devices. You sure it's also for the radeon?
>
> aty128fb does NOT work for the radeon cards!!! Their is a radeonfb.c
> driver out their somewhere. I have seen it before.

There is indeed a radeonfb. It's in Alan's tree, has been for awhile.

Paul Mundt <lethal@chaoticdreams.org>