* RE: Weird errors for loading modules
@ 2003-05-08 21:43 Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky
From: Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky @ 2003-05-08 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Daniele Pala', 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org'

> From: Daniele Pala [mailto:dandario@libero.it]
>
> i recently comiled 2.5.69 kernel and all goes fine,
> except that i'm not able to load modules at
> startup. The error
> it gives is like: "modprobe: ERROR module xyz doesn't
>  exist in /proc/modules". The same error comes
> out when i try to

Can you actually see the modules in /proc/modules if
you cat it from the shell?

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
(and my fault)

* Re: Weird errors for loading modules
@ 2003-05-10 10:29 ` Daniele Pala
From: Daniele Pala @ 2003-05-10 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 02:43:32PM -0700, Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky wrote:
> > From: Daniele Pala [mailto:dandario@libero.it]
> >
> > i recently comiled 2.5.69 kernel and all goes fine,
> > except that i'm not able to load modules at
> > startup. The error
> > it gives is like: "modprobe: ERROR module xyz doesn't
> >  exist in /proc/modules". The same error comes
> > out when i try to
>
> Can you actually see the modules in /proc/modules if
> you cat it from the shell?
>
> I?aky P?rez-Gonz?lez -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own
> (and my fault)
> -

It's all ok now, i had the modprobe thing in the wrong location...i'm just too stupid

* Weird errors for loading modules
@ 2003-05-08 17:12 Daniele Pala
From: Daniele Pala @ 2003-05-08 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

hi
i recently comiled 2.5.69 kernel and all goes fine, except that i'm not able to load modules at startup. The error
it gives is like: "modprobe: ERROR module xyz doesn't exist in /proc/modules". The same error comes out when i try to
load modules as root, but all goes fine if i log in as normal user and then i issue 'sudo modprobe xyz'. That's a
strange behaviour, anyone knows what can cause it?
I use module-init-tools 0.9.11

Thanks,

	Daniele Pala