* RE: Get hands on starting in this world.
@ 2001-11-02  1:34 Yan, Noah
From: Yan, Noah @ 2001-11-02  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'vda'; +Cc: linux-kernel

Vda,

I want to start digging into how OS is architected and built, from initail booting till final resource management, I got more theroy than practice in this world.  I may more focus on computation management in distributed OS, cluster, Grid, P2P later.

Somebody has such focus?

Thanks
Noah

From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2001-11-02 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan, Noah; +Cc: linux-kernel

No, I don't have that info for Linux 2.2.x kernels.
They are vaguely similar, but many details won't be the same. :)

Why are you focusing on 2.2?

~Randy

@ 2001-11-02  1:54 Yan, Noah
From: Yan, Noah @ 2001-11-02  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Randy.Dunlap'; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2001-11-01 16:48 ` Randy.Dunlap
From: Randy.Dunlap @ 2001-11-01 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yan, Noah; +Cc: linux-kernel

@ 2001-11-01  0:24 Yan, Noah
From: Yan, Noah @ 2001-11-01  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

All,

I am a new comer to the Linux world. It is really a hard start for me when I dig into those OS code although I have a strong theoretic background in OS and computer architecture. I am now being blocking at the start_kernel and caliberate_delay function of Kernel 2.2.x. Also, everyday, I got hundreds of mail from Linux-kernel list but I cannot enjoy it.

So could some experienced guys give some advice on how to start, which document/material can be recommended on this.

My keen interest in this filed make me free to any suggestions on that. Please lend your hands

Best Regards,
Noah Yan

SC/Automation Group
Shanghai Site Manufacturing Computing/IT
Intel Technology (China) Ltd.

IDD: (86 21) 50481818 - 31579
Fax: (86 21) 50481212
Email: noah.yan@intel.com