* /dev/rtc <-> scheduler
@ 2005-03-28 12:55 shai lifshitz
From: shai lifshitz @ 2005-03-28 12:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I am working in 10 msec tick, and run separate task with the /dev/rtc that
operate in 1/1024 sec
(about 1 msec).

I see that the RTC task is activated every 1 msec (as expected).

Can anybody explain how the scheduler is activated each 1 msec, although the
minimal time
slice is 10 msec.

What I am looking for is the exact function/mechanism that causes this high
frequency scheduling
(the function I am looking for is called from the IRQ 8 interrupt handler,
but what is it????)

Sincerely

Shai Lifshitz

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-03-28 12:55 UTC | newest]