* Re: Call to mmap Failing in SVGALIB
@ 2004-11-01 17:02 Joseph Cosby
From: Joseph Cosby @ 2004-11-01 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: matan

>Are you using version 1.4.3 of svgalib?
>If so, please edit line 1956 of vga.c to read
>
>if ((long) GM == -1) {
>
>instead of
>
>if ((long) GM < 0) {
>

>And tell me if it helps. If not, please tell me (if you can) which mmap
>call fails.
>

>--
>Matan Ziv-Av.                         matan@svgalib.org

Thank you for this suggestion. When I implement this change then everything
appears to work correctly.

Thank you for your help,
Joseph

* Call to mmap Failing in SVGALIB
@ 2004-10-29 19:23 Joseph Cosby
From: Joseph Cosby @ 2004-10-29 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

  Hi, I've just started using the 2.6.9 kernel in place of the 2.6.7 kernel
and now the vga_init call into svgalib is failing. The problem appears to be
a call to mmap inside the library. Since I see in the change log that there
have been changes, and fixes to changes, in mmap, I suspect that this is a
problem with the new kernel, and not the svgalib.
  Are there any kernel config options that might be a help in using the
older mmap or perhaps there are some options that configure mmap usage? I
didn't see any.
  I haven't provided any too detailed information, in case nobody is
interested. But if somebody is interested in knowing how this is failing
then I'll supply more details.

Thanks,
Joseph