* Problem with ramdisk driver 2.4.2
@ 2001-02-28 15:31 Dupuis, Don
From: Dupuis, Don @ 2001-02-28 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org'

This problem still appears in 2.4.2-ac6.

I have a 64k vfat filesystem image file.  I use the following commands to
reproduce this problem.

dd if=file.bin of=/dev/ram0 bs=1024
mount /dev/ram0 /mnt -t vfat

I can do a ls -l /mnt and the filesystem looks correct.  If I do a file * in
the /mnt directory, I will get a segmentation fault.  This worked just fine
on a 2.2.17 kernel.  Also if I do the following commands

dd if=file.bin of=/dev/ram1 bs=1024
mount -o loop /dev/ram1 /test -t vfat
it works, but the ls -l of /test is gargabe mixed with correct file names.
Accessing a filename will also cause a segmentation fault. This also worked
just fine on a 2.2.17 kernel.  Any idea what is wrong with the ramdisk
driver rd.c?

Thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-02-28 15:34 UTC | newest]