* [git pull] vfs.git pile 3
@ 2014-12-19 16:57 Al Viro
From: Al Viro @ 2014-12-19 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, linux-fsdevel

Assorted fixes and patches from the last cycle.  There will be at least
one more pile this cycle, maybe two.  Please, pull from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/viro/vfs.git for-linus

Shortlog:
Al Viro (7):
      btrfs: filp_open() returns ERR_PTR() on failure, not NULL...
      lustre: get rid of playing with ->fs
      move_extent_per_page(): get rid of unused w_flags
      new helper: iter_is_iovec()
      vm_area_operations: kill ->migrate()
      unfuck binfmt_misc.c (broken by commit e6084d4)
      [regression] chunk lost from bd9b51

Dmitry V. Levin (2):
      vfs: cleanup show_mountinfo
      vfs: make mounts and mountstats honor root dir like mountinfo does

Miklos Szeredi (1):
      init: fix read-write root mount

Diffstat:
 .../lustre/lustre/include/linux/lustre_compat25.h  | 24 ----------------------
 drivers/staging/lustre/lustre/llite/dir.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/staging/lustre/lustre/llite/llite_lib.c    | 17 +--------------
 fs/binfmt_misc.c                                   |  7 +++----
 fs/btrfs/volumes.c                                 |  2 +-
 fs/ext4/move_extent.c                              |  4 ----
 fs/kernfs/file.c                                   | 22 --------------------
 fs/proc_namespace.c                                | 16 +++++++++++----
 include/linux/migrate.h                            | 10 ---------
 include/linux/mm.h                                 |  2 --
 include/linux/uio.h                                |  5 +++++
 init/do_mounts.c                                   |  6 ++++--
 mm/filemap.c                                       |  2 +-
 mm/mempolicy.c                                     |  5 -----
 mm/migrate.c                                       | 21 -------------------
 mm/shmem.c                                         |  2 +-
 net/socket.c                                       |  1 -

* Re: [git pull] vfs.git pile 3
@ 2014-12-20  2:19 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2014-12-20  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> Assorted fixes and patches from the last cycle.  There will be at least
> one more pile this cycle, maybe two.

No there won't.

It's Friday evening before xmas, and the merge window is mostly over.
Already, he merge window already has grown *huge* and seems to have
more commits in it that linux-next ever did.

It's too late to say "one or two more piles".

Plan on fixes only from now on.

                     Linus

* Re: [git pull] vfs.git pile 3
@ 2014-12-20  2:39   ` Al Viro
From: Al Viro @ 2014-12-20  2:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 06:19:02PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
> > Assorted fixes and patches from the last cycle.  There will be at least
> > one more pile this cycle, maybe two.
>
> No there won't.
>
> It's Friday evening before xmas, and the merge window is mostly over.
> Already, he merge window already has grown *huge* and seems to have
> more commits in it that linux-next ever did.
>
> It's too late to say "one or two more piles".
>
> Plan on fixes only from now on.

Er...  What about this one?  At least 4 commits in this branch are pure
bugfixes, 2 of them - for regressions introduced since 3.18...

* Re: [git pull] vfs.git pile 3
@ 2014-12-20  2:42     ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2014-12-20  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Al Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:

> Er...  What about this one?  At least 4 commits in this branch are pure
> bugfixes, 2 of them - for regressions introduced since 3.18...

Oh, I had already pulled that one. It was just not pushed out yet,
because it was in the middle of my allmodconfig build verification.

Done and done.

                      Linus