* Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-01 10:49 Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-03-01 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ftpadmin, webmaster; +Cc: LKML, linux-next

Hi,

I have here troubles pulling from linux-next GIT, also GitWeb service
is not reachable or slow.
Server reports to high working load.

Just in case this is not known - not only for the admins.

Regards,
- Sedat -

* Re: Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-01 10:53 ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-03-01 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ftpadmin, webmaster; +Cc: LKML, linux-next

Hmm, cloning also not possible:

$ LANG=C LC_ALL=C git clone
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
Cloning into 'linux-next'...

and the repository exists.

- Sedat -

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have here troubles pulling from linux-next GIT, also GitWeb service
> is not reachable or slow.
> Server reports to high working load.
>
> Just in case this is not known - not only for the admins.
>
> Regards,
> - Sedat -

* Re: Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-01 10:55   ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-03-01 10:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ftpadmin, webmaster; +Cc: LKML, linux-next

GitWeb service says:

503 - The load average on the server is too high

- Sedat -

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, cloning also not possible:
>
> $ LANG=C LC_ALL=C git clone
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
> Cloning into 'linux-next'...
>
> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
> and the repository exists.
>
> - Sedat -
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have here troubles pulling from linux-next GIT, also GitWeb service
>> is not reachable or slow.
>> Server reports to high working load.
>>
>> Just in case this is not known - not only for the admins.
>>
>> Regards,
>> - Sedat -

* Re: Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-01 13:35     ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-03-01 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: LKML, linux-next, ftpadmin, webmaster

2 hours passed - same problems!

I looked at <www.kernel.org>, but there is no message in the news area.

- Sedat -

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
> GitWeb service says:
>
> 503 - The load average on the server is too high
>
> - Sedat -
>
> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hmm, cloning also not possible:
>>
>> $ LANG=C LC_ALL=C git clone
>> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
>> Cloning into 'linux-next'...
>> fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>>
>> Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>> and the repository exists.
>>
>> - Sedat -
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Sedat Dilek <sedat.dilek@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have here troubles pulling from linux-next GIT, also GitWeb service
>>> is not reachable or slow.
>>> Server reports to high working load.
>>>
>>> Just in case this is not known - not only for the admins.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> - Sedat -

* Re: Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-01 14:55       ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2013-03-01 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sedat.dilek; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, linux-next, webmaster

On 01/03/13 08:35 AM, Sedat Dilek wrote:
> 2 hours passed - same problems!
>
> I looked at <www.kernel.org>, but there is no message in the news area.

Hi, all:

We had early-morning hardware failure on the sole "old-skin" frontend
that was up (in preparation for site roll-over). This forced my hand to
go live with the new site slightly ahead of time and without redundancy
(for the moment), but this should be fixed in the nearest future.

Please enjoy the new www.kernel.org and let me know if the problem
cloning git repositories still persists.

Best,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Systems Administrator

* Re: Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-01 15:17         ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-03-01 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, linux-next, webmaster

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon@kernel.org> wrote:
> On 01/03/13 08:35 AM, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> 2 hours passed - same problems!
>>
>> I looked at <www.kernel.org>, but there is no message in the news area.
>
> Hi, all:
>
> We had early-morning hardware failure on the sole "old-skin" frontend
> that was up (in preparation for site roll-over). This forced my hand to
> go live with the new site slightly ahead of time and without redundancy
> (for the moment), but this should be fixed in the nearest future.
>
> Please enjoy the new www.kernel.org and let me know if the problem
> cloning git repositories still persists.

Even the new layout of <kernel.org> is sexy... you can place an
information on the website - if it's available - and inform at least
LKML!
If this work was a planned event, please let people know in time!

We have seen Linux is "breakable" - do not think it is not.

Regards,
- Sedat -

P.S.: I have build 2 Linux-Next kernels in the meantime, so everything
is good now.

> Best,
> --
> Konstantin Ryabitsev
> Systems Administrator
> Linux Foundation, kernel.org
> Montréal, Québec

* Re: Pulling linux-next GIT
@ 2013-03-02  9:56         ` Sedat Dilek
From: Sedat Dilek @ 2013-03-02  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: Linus Torvalds, LKML, linux-next, webmaster

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev <mricon@kernel.org> wrote:
> On 01/03/13 08:35 AM, Sedat Dilek wrote:
>> 2 hours passed - same problems!
>>
>> I looked at <www.kernel.org>, but there is no message in the news area.
>
> Hi, all:
>
> We had early-morning hardware failure on the sole "old-skin" frontend
> that was up (in preparation for site roll-over). This forced my hand to
> go live with the new site slightly ahead of time and without redundancy
> (for the moment), but this should be fixed in the nearest future.
>
> Please enjoy the new www.kernel.org and let me know if the problem
> cloning git repositories still persists.

[ git.kernel.org ]

Great, switching to cgit!

Can you please, check at your own the formatted outputs of lines:
Name	- Description - Owner - Idle etc.?
On a laptop (13xx x 7yy) LCD this looks a bit ugly.
Think of mobile devices!
Especially, Name and Description seems to be too long.

Then please look at Tag and Download, here the commit-ids are truncated...

[ www.kernel.org ]

Last point:
Where are the old NEWS?
News like security breach etc.