* SD card fails to be detected on the second insertion
@ 2021-06-02  7:43 Chris Chiu
From: Chris Chiu @ 2021-06-02  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arnd, Greg KH, ricky_wu, Bjorn Helgaas, vaibhavgupta40, rui_feng,
	keitasuzuki.park, gordon.lack
  Cc: Linux Kernel

Hi,
    We got the bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1929444
which said the SD card would not be detected correctly after
replugging. Please check the
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1929444/+attachment/5500291/+files/rtsx.info
for the dmesg of card insertion/removal. It fails at SD/MMC CMD2 at
replugging the SD card. We found that reverting commit 121e9c6b5c4
("misc: rtsx: modify and fix init_hw function") can get the SD card
back to work for each insertion (the dependent commit 38d98d73be9
"misc: rtsx: remove unused function" also need to be reverted). I
don't really know what goes wrong in that commit and I don't have that
pci interfaced card reader (10ec:5287). @Rui, can you help verify what
could possibly go wrong with that commit? Thanks

Chris

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-06-02  7:43 UTC | newest]