* HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-01-06 23:11 Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2013-01-06 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Chinea, linux-kernel; +Cc: ext Tony Lindgren

Hi Carlos,

what is the status on the HSI subsystem? We have based some patches for
HSI master on top of the OMAP HSI master patches, but these never seem
to reach the tree?

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-01-06 23:15 ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2013-01-06 23:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: ext Tony Lindgren

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> what is the status on the HSI subsystem? We have based some patches for
> HSI master on top of the OMAP HSI master patches, but these never seem
> to reach the tree?

Mail server replied:

     carlos.chinea@nokia.com

Hm, maybe that answers the question.

Does anyone know Carlos' current whereabouts?

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-01-07  5:09   ` Randy Dunlap
From: Randy Dunlap @ 2013-01-07  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Walleij; +Cc: linux-kernel, ext Tony Lindgren

On 01/06/13 15:15, Linus Walleij wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carlos,
>>
>> what is the status on the HSI subsystem? We have based some patches for
>> HSI master on top of the OMAP HSI master patches, but these never seem
>> to reach the tree?
>
> Mail server replied:
>
> Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:
>
>      carlos.chinea@nokia.com
>
> Hm, maybe that answers the question.
>
> Does anyone know Carlos' current whereabouts?

There was one message posted by him from
  cch.devel @ gmail.com
on lkml:
so you could try that.

--
~Randy

* Re: HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-01-07  7:38 ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2013-01-07  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, cch.devel; +Cc: ext Tony Lindgren

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:

> Hi Carlos,
>
> what is the status on the HSI subsystem? We have based some patches for
> HSI master on top of the OMAP HSI master patches, but these never seem
> to reach the tree?

Ping on the cch.devel address instead...

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-01-07 14:38   ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2013-01-07 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, cch.devel, cchinea; +Cc: ext Tony Lindgren

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Linus Walleij <linus.walleij@linaro.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Carlos,
>>
>> what is the status on the HSI subsystem? We have based some patches for
>> HSI master on top of the OMAP HSI master patches, but these never seem
>> to reach the tree?
>
> Ping on the cch.devel address instead...

And ping on Carlos' private mail address, hehe :-)

Yours,
Linus Walleij

* Re: HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-02-08  0:14     ` Sebastian Reichel
From: Sebastian Reichel @ 2013-02-08  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Linus Walleij

Hi Linus,

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 03:38:21PM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote:
> >> what is the status on the HSI subsystem? We have based some patches for
> >> HSI master on top of the OMAP HSI master patches, but these never seem
> >> to reach the tree?
> >
> > Ping on the cch.devel address instead...
> And ping on Carlos' private mail address, hehe :-)

Did you receive a private answer? I'm interested in seeing OMAP HSI
patches in the mainline kernel, so that the Nokia N900 modem can be
used with a mainline kernel.

-- Sebastian

* Re: HSI subsystem status
@ 2013-02-08 21:41       ` Linus Walleij
From: Linus Walleij @ 2013-02-08 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, Linus Walleij, Deepak Saxena

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Sebastian Reichel <sre@debian.org> wrote:

>> > Ping on the cch.devel address instead...
>> And ping on Carlos' private mail address, hehe :-)
>
> Did you receive a private answer? I'm interested in seeing OMAP HSI
> patches in the mainline kernel, so that the Nokia N900 modem can be
> used with a mainline kernel.

Yes, so realizing that this needs maintenance, and since it is part of
the HW in several Linaro member company boards, I put an item forward
to Linaro, who work cross ARM-boards, to try to locate a new
(co-)maintainer for HSI. However that needs to be processed and
prioritized.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linux-linaro/+spec/hsi-subsystem-maint

Yours,
Linus Walleij