* [GIT PULL] ACPI fixes for v5.13-rc2
@ 2021-05-13 19:05 Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2021-05-13 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds

Hi Linus,

Please pull from the tag

 git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git \
 acpi-5.13-rc2

with top-most commit fd38651716b45f817a542c34cd5336ff372d06e6

 Merge branch 'acpi-pm'

on top of commit 6efb943b8616ec53a5e444193dccf1af9ad627b5

 Linux 5.13-rc1

to receive ACPI fixes for 5.13-rc2.

These revert an unnecessary revert of an ACPI power management
commit, add a missing device ID to one of the lists and fix a
possible memory leak in an error path.

Specifics:

 - Revert a revert of a recent ACPI power management change that
   does not need to be reverted after all (Rafael Wysocki).

 - Add missing fan device ID to the list of device IDs for which
   the devices should not be put into the ACPI PM domain (Sumeet
   Pawnikar).

 - Fix possible memory leak in an error path in the ACPI device
   enumeration code (Christophe JAILLET).

Thanks!

---------------

Christophe JAILLET (1):
      ACPI: scan: Fix a memory leak in an error handling path

Rafael J. Wysocki (1):
      Revert "Revert "ACPI: scan: Turn off unused power resources
during initialization""

Sumeet Pawnikar (1):
      ACPI: PM: Add ACPI ID of Alder Lake Fan

---------------

 drivers/acpi/device_pm.c | 1 +
 drivers/acpi/internal.h  | 1 +
 drivers/acpi/power.c     | 2 +-
 drivers/acpi/scan.c      | 3 +++
 drivers/acpi/sleep.h     | 1 -

* Re: [GIT PULL] ACPI fixes for v5.13-rc2
@ 2021-05-13 19:26 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2021-05-13 19:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 12:06 PM Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@kernel.org> wrote:

> These revert an unnecessary revert of an ACPI power management
> commit

I think it would be kind of nice to see more of an explanation than
"was not necessary".

The original report of problems was apparently wrong - but it would
maybe have been good to just mention how that all went down..

                Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL] ACPI fixes for v5.13-rc2
@ 2021-05-13 19:37 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2021-05-13 19:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafael J. Wysocki
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, ACPI Devel Maling List, Linux PM,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List

The pull request you sent on Thu, 13 May 2021 21:05:48 +0200:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rafael/linux-pm.git acpi-5.13-rc2

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/2df38a8e9b838c94e08f90f0487a90cea4f92c25

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.
https://korg.docs.kernel.org/prtracker.html

* Re: [GIT PULL] ACPI fixes for v5.13-rc2
@ 2021-05-14 10:06   ` Rafael J. Wysocki
From: Rafael J. Wysocki @ 2021-05-14 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Rafael J. Wysocki, ACPI Devel Maling List, Linux PM,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 9:27 PM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 12:06 PM Rafael J. Wysocki <rafael@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > These revert an unnecessary revert of an ACPI power management
> > commit
>
> I think it would be kind of nice to see more of an explanation than
> "was not necessary".
>
> The original report of problems was apparently wrong - but it would
> maybe have been good to just mention how that all went down..

In fact this was my mistake, sadly.

There is a pair of closely related commits and the report was against
the other one, but I reverted the one that I thought was more likely
to be problematic.  Then I realized that it couldn't be the source of
the problem, given the symptoms and the fact that reverting the other
commit alone helped.

So this one is back, but the reported issue still needs to be
addressed, most likely by quirking some systems with bugs in the ACPI
tables.

Cheers,
Rafael