* Re: [GIT PULL] logfs: some important bug fixes
       [not found] <CALJbWerzuzaRwEenLRtMmkGdmze1Zdd5PM+uVv8SknUgxnpQQw@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2012-08-26 11:26 ` Prasad Joshi
From: Prasad Joshi @ 2012-08-26 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, Jörn Engel

Hello Linus,

Could you please pull the following changes since commit
dd775ae2549217d3ae09363e3edb305d0fa19928:

  Linux 3.4-rc1 (2012-03-31 16:24:09 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://github.com/prasad-joshi/logfs_upstream.git master

Prasad Joshi (5):
      logfs: destroy the reserved inodes while unmounting
      logfs: initialize the number of iovecs in bio
      logfs: create a pagecache page if it is not present
      logfs: maintain the ordering of meta-inode destruction
      logfs: query block device for number of pages to send with bio

 fs/logfs/dev_bdev.c  |   15 +++++++--------
 fs/logfs/inode.c     |   18 +++++++++++++++++-
 fs/logfs/journal.c   |    2 +-
 fs/logfs/readwrite.c |    1 -
 fs/logfs/segment.c   |    2 +-

Please note that the signed tag (for-linus) is applied and the same is
pushed. The repository is also added in the 'linux-next' and there no
conflicts in the 'linux-next: Tree for Aug 24'.

Thanks and Warm Regards,
Prasad

* Re: [GIT PULL] logfs: some important bug fixes
@ 2012-08-26 17:25   ` Prasad Joshi
From: Prasad Joshi @ 2012-08-26 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds; +Cc: linux-kernel, Jörn Engel

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Prasad Joshi
<prasadjoshi.linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Linus,
>
> Could you please pull the following changes since commit
> dd775ae2549217d3ae09363e3edb305d0fa19928:
>
>   Linux 3.4-rc1 (2012-03-31 16:24:09 -0700)
>
> are available in the git repository at:
>   git://github.com/prasad-joshi/logfs_upstream.git master
>
> Prasad Joshi (5):
>       logfs: destroy the reserved inodes while unmounting
>       logfs: initialize the number of iovecs in bio
>       logfs: create a pagecache page if it is not present
>       logfs: maintain the ordering of meta-inode destruction
>       logfs: query block device for number of pages to send with bio

Please pardon my ignorance, here is a short description of above patches

9f0bbd8 logfs: query block device for number of pages to send with bio
        This BUG was found when LogFS was used on KVM. The patch fixes
        the problem by asking for underlaying block device the number
        of pages to send with each BIO.

41b93bc logfs: maintain the ordering of meta-inode destruction
        LogFS maintains file system meta-data in special inodes. These
        inodes are releated to each other, therefore they must be
        destroyed in a proper order.

ddb24bb logfs: create a pagecache page if it is not present

cd8bfa9 logfs: initialize the number of iovecs in bio
        LogFS used to panic when it was created on an encrypted LVM
        volume. The patch fixes the problem by properly initializing
        the BIO.

d2dcd90 logfs: destroy the reserved inodes while unmounting

Sorry for multiple mails and inconvenience it might have caused.

Thanks and Regards,
Prasad