* Finish removing MPX from arch/x86?
@ 2022-10-04 17:34 Dave Hansen
From: Dave Hansen @ 2022-10-04 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sean Christopherson, Paolo Bonzini, Thomas Gleixner, Ingo Molnar,
	Borislav Petkov, x86, H. Peter Anvin, kvm, linux-kernel,
	Arjan van de Ven

We zapped the userspace MPX ABIs and most of its supporting code in here:

	45fc24e89b7c ("x86/mpx: remove MPX from arch/x86")

But, the XSAVE enabling and KVM code were left in place.  This let folks
at least keep running guests with MPX.

It's been a couple of years and I don't think I've had a single person
opine about the loss of MPX.  Intel also followed through and there's no
MPX to be found on newer CPUs like my "Tiger Lake" 11th Gen Intel(R)
Core(TM) i7-1165G7.

Is it time to zap MPX from arch/x86/kvm/?