* [QUERY]: Understanding the calculations in mm/page-writeback.c
@ 2012-07-22 15:48 rajman mekaco
From: rajman mekaco @ 2012-07-22 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fengguang Wu; +Cc: LKML, linux-mm

Hi,

I am trying to understand the calculations in mm/page-writeback.c but
I am falling short of theoretical knowledge.

What online (or otherwise) reading material can be used to fully
understand the maths formulae in mm/page-writeback.c ?

( Sorry for my last email with unchanged subject line. )

Thanks,
Rajman.

* Re: [QUERY]: Understanding the calculations in mm/page-writeback.c
@ 2012-07-24  7:54 ` Fengguang Wu
From: Fengguang Wu @ 2012-07-24  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rajman mekaco; +Cc: LKML, linux-mm

Hi Rajman,

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 09:18:57PM +0530, rajman mekaco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the calculations in mm/page-writeback.c but
> I am falling short of theoretical knowledge.
>
> What online (or otherwise) reading material can be used to fully
> understand the maths formulae in mm/page-writeback.c ?

Here is the slides I used in LinuxCon Japan 2012, please feel free to
ask more specific questions on it :)

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/images/stories/pdf/lcjp2012_wu.pdf

Thanks,
Fengguang

* Re: [QUERY]: Understanding the calculations in mm/page-writeback.c
@ 2012-07-24 13:42   ` Kautuk Consul
From: Kautuk Consul @ 2012-07-24 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fengguang Wu; +Cc: rajman mekaco, LKML, linux-mm

> Here is the slides I used in LinuxCon Japan 2012, please feel free to
> ask more specific questions on it :)
>
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/images/stories/pdf/lcjp2012_wu.pdf

Thanks for your help and early response !
I shall definitely study this and ping you as and when doubts start
arising in my mind. :-)

@ 2012-07-24 13:45   ` rajman mekaco
From: rajman mekaco @ 2012-07-24 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fengguang Wu; +Cc: LKML, linux-mm

Okay, thank you for your response.

I will study this and get back to you. :-)