* [Thermal] Need confirmation for the pending thermal soc patches
@ 2016-08-21 14:09 Zhang Rui
From: Zhang Rui @ 2016-08-21 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux PM list, LKML; +Cc: Eduardo Valentin, Zhang, Rui

Hi,

As Eduardo is quite busy recently, I will take all the thermal soc
driver changes this time.
Currently, I have cherry picked all the patches that Eduardo has
already applied in thermal-soc tree and reviewed all the pending
patches in patchwork. Now, there are four patches queued for next -rc (
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=fo
r-rc), and 23 thermal soc patches queued for next merge window (https:/
/git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=release).

If you think some soc fixes that are urgent and should be in 4.8
instead of 4.9, please let me know.
If there are some patches that are neither in thermal -next tree(https:
//git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=next),
nor have my response, please let me know, in case I missed some. :)

thanks,
rui

* Re: [Thermal] Need confirmation for the pending thermal soc patches
@ 2016-09-05 13:16 ` Eduardo Valentin
From: Eduardo Valentin @ 2016-09-05 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang Rui; +Cc: Linux PM list, LKML

Hello Rui,

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:09:00PM +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As Eduardo is quite busy recently, I will take all the thermal soc
> driver changes this time.

Thanks for helping me out. I am slowing coming back to upstream
activities. I have refreshed my branches, removing the rework and
locking patches works out of the integration branches so we do not have
merge conflicts or further delays on outstanding patches.

> Currently, I have cherry picked all the patches that Eduardo has
> already applied in thermal-soc tree and reviewed all the pending

Great! This makes things easier for me.

> patches in patchwork. Now, there are four patches queued for next -rc (
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=fo
> r-rc),

I checked this branch. Can you please cherry-pick the following patch
for rc:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/evalenti/linux-soc-thermal.git/commit/?h=linus&id=4ba16f1256bd13efa2f3179ff1f4ab16a4ad3c7f

?

> and 23 thermal soc patches queued for next merge window (https:/
> /git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=release).
>
> If you think some soc fixes that are urgent and should be in 4.8
> instead of 4.9, please let me know.
> If there are some patches that are neither in thermal -next tree(https:
> //git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=next),
> nor have my response, please let me know, in case I missed some. :)

The above -next branch has all my outstanding material.

Given that you have taken care of all thermal-soc patches for the coming
merging window, I will work on the sysfs rework and locking patches
again. I will be sending them in smaller chunks this time.

@ 2016-09-06 10:13   ` Geert Uytterhoeven
From: Geert Uytterhoeven @ 2016-09-06 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eduardo Valentin
  Cc: Zhang Rui, Linux PM list, LKML, Linux-Renesas, Dirk Behme

Hi Eduardo,

On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Eduardo Valentin <edubezval@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:09:00PM +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:
>> As Eduardo is quite busy recently, I will take all the thermal soc
>> driver changes this time.
>
> Thanks for helping me out. I am slowing coming back to upstream
> activities. I have refreshed my branches, removing the rework and
> locking patches works out of the integration branches so we do not have
> merge conflicts or further delays on outstanding patches.
>
>> Currently, I have cherry picked all the patches that Eduardo has
>> already applied in thermal-soc tree and reviewed all the pending
>
> Great! This makes things easier for me.
>
>> patches in patchwork. Now, there are four patches queued for next -rc (
>> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log/?h=fo
>> r-rc),
>
> I checked this branch. Can you please cherry-pick the following patch
> for rc:
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/evalenti/linux-soc-thermal.git/commit/?h=linus&id=4ba16f1256bd13efa2f3179ff1f4ab16a4ad3c7f

That patch is indeed missing.

While preparing today's renesas-drivers release, I noticed it had disappeared
from thermal-soc/next. Then I found your email...

Thanks for re-applying it!

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds

* Re: [Thermal] Need confirmation for the pending thermal soc patches
@ 2016-09-07  0:25     ` Zhang Rui
From: Zhang Rui @ 2016-09-07  0:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geert Uytterhoeven, Eduardo Valentin
  Cc: Linux PM list, LKML, Linux-Renesas, Dirk Behme

On 二, 2016-09-06 at 12:13 +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> Hi Eduardo,
>
> On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Eduardo Valentin <edubezval@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 10:09:00PM +0800, Zhang Rui wrote:
> > >
> > > As Eduardo is quite busy recently, I will take all the thermal
> > > soc
> > > driver changes this time.
> > Thanks for helping me out. I am slowing coming back to upstream
> > activities. I have refreshed my branches, removing the rework and
> > locking patches works out of the integration branches so we do not
> > have
> > merge conflicts or further delays on outstanding patches.
> >

> > > Currently, I have cherry picked all the patches that Eduardo has
> > > already applied in thermal-soc tree and reviewed all the pending
> > Great! This makes things easier for me.
> >

> > > patches in patchwork. Now, there are four patches queued for next
> > > -rc (
> > > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/rzhang/linux.git/log
> > > /?h=fo
> > > r-rc),
> > I checked this branch. Can you please cherry-pick the following
> > patch
> > for rc:
> > https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/evalenti/linux-soc-
> > thermal.git/commit/?h=linus&id=4ba16f1256bd13efa2f3179ff1f4ab16a4ad
> > 3c7f

> That patch is indeed missing.
>
> While preparing today's renesas-drivers release, I noticed it had
> disappeared
> from thermal-soc/next. Then I found your email...
>
> Thanks for re-applying it!

Applied and queued for next -rc.

thanks,
rui