* new kernel boot
@ 2011-08-08  8:01 Amirali Shambayati
From: Amirali Shambayati @ 2011-08-08  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux Kernel, kernelnewbies

Hi all,
I successfully installed new kernel but as new kernel is going to
boot, I receive this error:
FATAL:could not load /lib/modules/2.6.32.43kerneltest/modules.dep : No
such file or directory

I checked /lib/modules/2.6.32.43kerneltest directory, and modules.dep
exists! Any guidance how can I solve the problem?

Thanks in advance,
--
Amirali Shambayati
Bachelor Student

* Re: new kernel boot
@ 2011-08-08  8:13 ` Eduard Sinelnikov
From: Eduard Sinelnikov @ 2011-08-08  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Amirali Shambayati; +Cc: Linux Kernel, kernelnewbies

Hi,

I got this problem ( compiled kernel from scratch )
Your problem is that the modules is not competible with your ramfs(the
initial OS before loading the real Kernel) file.
( this file is /boot/initrd.img.2-6...... )

I have to create the ramfs via mkinitramfs command

also you have to update the grub to point to the new ramfs file.

Eduard Sinelnikov.