* Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] SoC changes for 5.17
       [not found] <CAK8P3a0RDZpLtWjMEU1QVWSjOoqRAH6QxQ+ZQnJc8LwaV7m+JQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2021-12-24 17:11 ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2021-12-24 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnd Bergmann, Linus Torvalds, Olof Johansson

Hi Arnd, Olof,

On 12/23/2021 13:31, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> I'm sending out the pull requests for 5.17 early, as I won't have access to
> my workstation for the next two weeks. With only 760 non-merge commits,
> this again feels quieter than the massive previous merge window, but the
> number of changed lines was actually slightly higher.
>
> There are very few changes aside from devicetree patches, most of
> which are for the i.MX, Tegra, Qualcomm, Apple, K3 and Aspeed
> platforms.
>
> We have a couple of new SoCs in existing families:
>
>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1
>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon SDX65
>   - NXP i.MX8ULP
>   - Texas Instruments j721s2
>   - Renesas R-Car S4-8
>
> The time between product announcement and kernel support is fairly short
> for all of these, which is nice. In particular the two Snapdragons were only
> announced this month and are the current high end of Qualcomm's products.
> On the other end of the spectrum, we also add support for ST SPEAr320s,
> which was launched 10 years ago.
>
> Aside from the Arm chips, there is also a pull request for a new RISC-V SoC,
> the Starfive JH7100, including some of the basic drivers to make it boot.

There seems to half of the submitted Broadcom SoCs pull request missing
in this one, was there issues with those below:

defconfigs:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-1-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-2-f.fainelli@gmail.com/

drivers:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-5-f.fainelli@gmail.com/

Should I resend or fix something in those? Thanks!

Happy holidays!
--
Florian

* Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] SoC changes for 5.17
@ 2022-01-04 21:58   ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2022-01-04 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnd Bergmann, Linus Torvalds, Olof Johansson

On 12/24/21 9:11 AM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> Hi Arnd, Olof,
>
> On 12/23/2021 13:31, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> I'm sending out the pull requests for 5.17 early, as I won't have
>> access to
>> my workstation for the next two weeks. With only 760 non-merge commits,
>> this again feels quieter than the massive previous merge window, but the
>> number of changed lines was actually slightly higher.
>>
>> There are very few changes aside from devicetree patches, most of
>> which are for the i.MX, Tegra, Qualcomm, Apple, K3 and Aspeed
>> platforms.
>>
>> We have a couple of new SoCs in existing families:
>>
>>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1
>>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon SDX65
>>   - NXP i.MX8ULP
>>   - Texas Instruments j721s2
>>   - Renesas R-Car S4-8
>>
>> The time between product announcement and kernel support is fairly short
>> for all of these, which is nice. In particular the two Snapdragons
>> were only
>> announced this month and are the current high end of Qualcomm's products.
>> On the other end of the spectrum, we also add support for ST SPEAr320s,
>> which was launched 10 years ago.
>>
>> Aside from the Arm chips, there is also a pull request for a new
>> RISC-V SoC,
>> the Starfive JH7100, including some of the basic drivers to make it boot.
>
> There seems to half of the submitted Broadcom SoCs pull request missing
> in this one, was there issues with those below:
>
> defconfigs:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-1-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-2-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
>

> drivers:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-5-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
>

> Should I resend or fix something in those? Thanks!

Arnd, Olof, do I need to resend the 3 pull requests mentioned above?
Thanks and happy new year.
--
Florian

* Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] SoC changes for 5.17
@ 2022-01-05  0:40     ` Olof Johansson
       [not found]       ` <CAK8P3a3sBADt4Cu=LGbjHQpQ32O-BtFk1aQFwhL8Ar=M_gj6Xw@mail.gmail.com>
From: Olof Johansson @ 2022-01-05  0:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Fainelli
  Cc: Arnd Bergmann, Linus Torvalds, SoC Team,
	Linux Kernel Mailing List, Linux ARM

Hi Florian,

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 1:58 PM Florian Fainelli <f.fainelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/24/21 9:11 AM, Florian Fainelli wrote:
> > Hi Arnd, Olof,
> >
> > On 12/23/2021 13:31, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> >> I'm sending out the pull requests for 5.17 early, as I won't have
> >> access to
> >> my workstation for the next two weeks. With only 760 non-merge commits,
> >> this again feels quieter than the massive previous merge window, but the
> >> number of changed lines was actually slightly higher.
> >>
> >> There are very few changes aside from devicetree patches, most of
> >> which are for the i.MX, Tegra, Qualcomm, Apple, K3 and Aspeed
> >> platforms.
> >>
> >> We have a couple of new SoCs in existing families:
> >>
> >>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen1
> >>   - Qualcomm Snapdragon SDX65
> >>   - NXP i.MX8ULP
> >>   - Texas Instruments j721s2
> >>   - Renesas R-Car S4-8
> >>
> >> The time between product announcement and kernel support is fairly short
> >> for all of these, which is nice. In particular the two Snapdragons
> >> were only
> >> announced this month and are the current high end of Qualcomm's products.
> >> On the other end of the spectrum, we also add support for ST SPEAr320s,
> >> which was launched 10 years ago.
> >>
> >> Aside from the Arm chips, there is also a pull request for a new
> >> RISC-V SoC,
> >> the Starfive JH7100, including some of the basic drivers to make it boot.
> >
> > There seems to half of the submitted Broadcom SoCs pull request missing
> > in this one, was there issues with those below:
> >
> > defconfigs:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-1-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-2-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
> >

> > drivers:
> >
> > https://lore.kernel.org/linux-arm-kernel/20211221220642.2862218-5-f.fainelli@gmail.com/
> >

> > Should I resend or fix something in those? Thanks!
>

> Arnd, Olof, do I need to resend the 3 pull requests mentioned above?
> Thanks and happy new year.

I'm about to make a pass of merges, likely tomorrow -- I had to get my
Honeycomb working again since it hosts all the trees and mailboxes for
me.

No need to resend at this time.

-Olof

@ 2022-01-10 18:32         ` Olof Johansson
From: Olof Johansson @ 2022-01-10 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnd Bergmann
  Cc: Florian Fainelli, Linus Torvalds, SoC Team,

On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 5:40 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 7:40 PM Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:

> > > Arnd, Olof, do I need to resend the 3 pull requests mentioned above?
> > > Thanks and happy new year.
> >
> > I'm about to make a pass of merges, likely tomorrow -- I had to get my
> > Honeycomb working again since it hosts all the trees and mailboxes for
> > me.
> >
> > No need to resend at this time.
>
> It's possible that I had accidentally merged them in the end but tagged
> the branch without those merge commits, so have a look if it's in there.

Yeah, it looks like there were a few merges not part of the pull
request (Linus just merged them, so these showed up in
regen-contents). I'll fold them into arm/late.

arm/defconfig
        broadcom/defconfig [sign: Y Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>]
                https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux
tags/arm-soc/for-5.17/defconfig
        broadcom/defconfig64 [sign: Y Arnd Bergmann <arnd@arndb.de>]
                https://github.com/Broadcom/stblinux
tags/arm-soc/for-5.17/defconfig-arm64
        qcom/defconfig [sign: N ]

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/qcom/linux
tags/qcom-arm64-defconfig-for-5.17
        patch
                ARM: multi_v7_defconfig: Enable drivers for
DragonBoard 410c [sign: N ]

-Olof

* Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] SoC changes for 5.17
@ 2022-01-10 18:56           ` Florian Fainelli
From: Florian Fainelli @ 2022-01-10 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olof Johansson, Arnd Bergmann

On 1/10/22 10:32 AM, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 5:40 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@kernel.org> wrote:

>>> I'm about to make a pass of merges, likely tomorrow -- I had to get my
>>> Honeycomb working again since it hosts all the trees and mailboxes for
>>> me.
>>>
>>> No need to resend at this time.
>>
>> It's possible that I had accidentally merged them in the end but tagged
>> the branch without those merge commits, so have a look if it's in there.
>
> Yeah, it looks like there were a few merges not part of the pull
> request (Linus just merged them, so these showed up in
> regen-contents). I'll fold them into arm/late.

Thanks!
--
Florian

* Re: [GIT PULL 0/5] SoC changes for 5.17
@ 2022-01-25 18:47           ` Bjorn Andersson
From: Bjorn Andersson @ 2022-01-25 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olof Johansson
  Cc: Arnd Bergmann, Florian Fainelli, Linus Torvalds, SoC Team,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 12:34 PM Olof Johansson <olof@lixom.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 4, 2022 at 5:40 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@kernel.org> wrote:

> > > I'm about to make a pass of merges, likely tomorrow -- I had to get my
> > > Honeycomb working again since it hosts all the trees and mailboxes for
> > > me.
> > >
> > > No need to resend at this time.
> >
> > It's possible that I had accidentally merged them in the end but tagged
> > the branch without those merge commits, so have a look if it's in there.
>
> Yeah, it looks like there were a few merges not part of the pull
> request (Linus just merged them, so these showed up in
> regen-contents). I'll fold them into arm/late.

It seems these (at the last the qcom ones) didn't make it into v5.17-rc1?

Are you planning to pick up the qcom patches for v5.18 or should I
just carry them and include them as I send my next PR?

Regards,
Bjorn