* How to calculate available memory when zram is used?
@ 2021-05-15 15:33 yong w
From: yong w @ 2021-05-15 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, minchan, ngupta, sergey.senozhatsky.work

How to calculate available memory when zram is used?
Available+Swap free memeory is obviously bigger than I actually can
use, because zram can compress memory by compression algorithm and
zram compressed data will occupy memeory too.
Is there any way to calculate available memory accurately?

I think of a way is to count the compression rate of zram in the
kernel. The available memory  is calculated as follows:
available + swapfree - swapfree * compress ratio
Is it reasonable?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-05-15 15:33 UTC | newest]