* Adding initramfs as an ELF section to bzImage
@ 2018-10-23 11:29 Leonid Bloch
From: Leonid Bloch @ 2018-10-23 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel, initramfs

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to add initramfs as an ELF section to
the bzImage, and if so - how?

I am aware that it is possible to compile-in an initramfs or to supply
it as an external file. Both of these options don't fit my needs. The
first one doesn't fit because it is very difficult to manipulate after
compilation, and the second - because I need a single file.

It looks like there should be no problem to append a section to the
bzImage for loading into memory as initramfs, but I didn't find a way
to do it yet.

Regards,
Leonid.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-10-23 11:29 UTC | newest]