* RE: [bug discuss] fjes driver call trace warning, "PNP0C02" used in fjes seems like a bug,
       [not found]       ` <E86EADE93E2D054CBCD4E708C38D364A7379DCD7@G01JPEXMBYT01>
@ 2016-06-08  7:10         ` Gabriele Paoloni
From: Gabriele Paoloni @ 2016-06-08  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Izumi, Taku, liudongdong (C), davem; +Cc: Linuxarm, netdev, linux-kernel

+TO: David Miller
+CC: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org

as driver ids to perform the driver match in the ACPI table.

>From my understanding this is wrong in principle because that identifier
must be used to reserve motherboard resources (see par 4.1.2 of the PCI
Firmware Specifications v3.2)

Therefore such identifier it is used from
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/pnp/system.c
to reserve such resources.

Basically your driver is breaking any other device that
needs to reserve motherboard resources through system.c
driver.

@David Miller, what is your opinion about this?
I think this driver should be reverted...

Thanks

Gab

@ 2016-06-09  8:48           ` Izumi, Taku
From: Izumi, Taku @ 2016-06-09  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriele Paoloni; +Cc: Linuxarm, netdev, linux-kernel, liudongdong (C), davem

Dear Gao,

> From a SW perspective it like an acpi driver that uses "PNP0C02"
> as driver ids to perform the driver match in the ACPI table.
>
> From my understanding this is wrong in principle because that identifier
> must be used to reserve motherboard resources (see par 4.1.2 of the PCI
> Firmware Specifications v3.2)
>
> Therefore such identifier it is used from
> http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/pnp/system.c
> to reserve such resources.
>
> Basically your driver is breaking any other device that
> needs to reserve motherboard resources through system.c
> driver.
>
> @David Miller, what is your opinion about this?
> I think this driver should be reverted...

 I'm willing to revise my driver if it's something wrong.
 I can't reproduce this problem. Could you please show me how to reproduce problem ?

 Sincerely,
 Taku Izumi