* Problem installing Promise SATA150 TX2plus driver
@ 2003-08-02 21:47 Willem Bison
From: Willem Bison @ 2003-08-02 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

When trying to 'insmod' the Promise SATA150 TX2plus driver mentioned
in this message:
http://www.van-dijk.net/linuxkernel/200330/1084.html.gz
I get these errors:
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8smp/kernel/drivers/scsi/pdc-ultra.o: unresolved symbol
scsi_unregister_module
and ...scsi_register, ...scsi_register_module, ...scsi_unregister

The driver was built from source according to the instructions,
*directly* after a fresh install (with kernel headers) of RedHat 9.
(install RH, reboot, wget driver, make -C cam, make, cp, insmod)

The box is a dual Xeon 2.4
The primary HD is a Maxtor 6Y160PO. The secondary, for which i need
the driver, is a WDC Raptor WD360GD SATA. The controler is a Promise
SATA150 TX2plus.

What do I need to do to fix the errors and install the driver ?

* Re: Problem installing Promise SATA150 TX2plus driver
@ 2003-08-03  0:30 Erik Andersen
From: Erik Andersen @ 2003-08-03  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Willem Bison; +Cc: linux-kernel

On Sat Aug 02 2003 at 16:47:03 EST, Willem Bison wrote:
> When trying to 'insmod' the Promise SATA150 TX2plus driver
> mentioned in this message:
> http://www.van-dijk.net/linuxkernel/200330/1084.html.gz
> I get these errors:
> /lib/modules/2.4.20-8smp/kernel/drivers/scsi/pdc-ultra.o: unresolved symbol
> scsi_unregister_module
> and ...scsi_register, ...scsi_register_module, ...scsi_unregister

I bet you have CONFIG_SCSI disabled...  You really want
to have at a minimum CONFIG_SCSI and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD
enabled, either as modules or built into the kernel,

 -Erik