* Question about kernel threads
@ 2001-09-07  3:08 Rajeev Bector
From: Rajeev Bector @ 2001-09-07  3:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linux-Kernel

Hi,
 I have a simple question about kernel threads. Can they
open and close files just like user level processes ?
(by using sys_open()) etc. directly ? Are there any
side issues that we need to be aware about when doing that ?

I have a userlevel library (that client programs will link with
to get access to a kernel module) and there is a requirement
that other kernel modules (using kernel threads) wants to
use the same library to get access to other kernel module.
So I am having to port the library to work in kernel space.
(since the library opens and closes certain device drivers, I
am wondering if that'll work seemlessly from kernel space)

Thanks in advance for your answers !

regards,
Rajeev

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-07  3:12 UTC | newest]