* Disk Write
@ 2003-05-06 14:58 Sumit Narayan
From: Sumit Narayan @ 2003-05-06 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kurt Wall; +Cc: linux-kernel

Hi...

I would like to write my data to a disk, without using any file system. I write directly to a raw disk and read it with my own function. Is this possible? Can I request a driver to write my data directly to the disk, and then use it to read the data also?

Sumit
--

On Mon, 5 May 2003 23:54:50
 Kurt Wall wrote:
>An unnamed Administration source, Sumit Narayan, wrote:
>% Hi,
>%
>% Actually, what I meant with this was, suppose I have a file name, how do I get the inode for that? And also suppose I have the inode number, how do I get the complete object of that inode for use and manipulation?
>
>If you have a filename, stat(2); see also lstat(2) and fstat(2).
>
>Kurt
>--
>Error in operator: add beer
>-

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-05-06 14:47 UTC | newest]