* alsa i8x0 driver bug in kernel newer than 2.6test1
@ 2003-12-14 14:02 Arakis -
From: Arakis - @ 2003-12-14 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

this is my first bug report, I hope I don't leave out any vital information.

The ALSA driver for i8x0 sound cards has a minor bug in all 2.6 test
versions except test1. The sounds "lags" sporadically for a few seconds.
It's not a total stop of playback, the speed is even increased a little bit.
It just sounds weird... at first I thought it has something todo with the
scheduler, but since nice -20 has no effect at all, I doubt it. The problem
occurs with xmms and mpg123.

cat /proc/asound/cards:
0 [I82801CAICH3   ]: ICH - Intel 82801CA-ICH3
                     Intel 82801CA-ICH3 at 0x1400, irq 10

The machine is a toshiba 5200-701 notebook (european), 1.9 GHz Pentium4, 512
MB RAM, average cpu usage is ~5% during playback (according to gkrellm). The
driver is compiled into the kernel (=Y).

5 neue Buddies = 50 FreeSMS. http://messenger-mania.msn.de MSN Messenger
empfehlen und kräftig abräumen!

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-12-14 14:02 UTC | newest]