* nfs_refresh_inode ?
@ 2001-02-27 18:34 Zdravko Spoljar
From: Zdravko Spoljar @ 2001-02-27 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi
i'm running 2.2.19pre14+RAID+ide and get this message from kernel:

nfs_refresh_inode: inode number mismatch
expected (0x0ffffffff/0x0ffffffff), got (0x0002b0001/0x00005605)
                                                           ^^^^
marked numbers vary from message to message. i can triger this
by doing "make test;chmod 777 test" on some nfs mounted file sistem
some times repeated chmod generate more messages, sometimes are executed ok.
i have feeling it happend more often when there is some cpu and net load.

linux nfs client is dual pentium II (266) on P2B-DS with 2
promise IDE cards, net card is smc (using realtek 8139 driver), ide and scsi
disks are in RAID 5 setup.
nfs server is Apple Network server running AIX4.1.5
net conn is 100MB over Cisco switch

ah, there is one more thing. on boot when nfs get mounted i find in dmesg:
"nfs warning: mount version older than kernel"
WTF? :)

all this not happend on 2.2.17+RAID

any ideas patches, more info?

flirek

* Re: nfs_refresh_inode ?
@ 2001-02-27 20:36 ` Trond Myklebust
From: Trond Myklebust @ 2001-02-27 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zdravko Spoljar; +Cc: linux-kernel

     > Hi i'm running 2.2.19pre14+RAID+ide and get this message from
     > kernel:

     > nfs_refresh_inode: inode number mismatch expected
     > (0x0ffffffff/0x0ffffffff), got (0x0002b0001/0x00005605)
     >                                                            ^^^^

Could you get a tcpdump of a the traffic when this happens? I suspect
a server bug.

     > marked numbers vary from message to message. i can triger this
     > by doing "make test;chmod 777 test" on some nfs mounted file
     > sistem some times repeated chmod generate more messages,
     > sometimes are executed ok. i have feeling it happend more often
     > when there is some cpu and net load.

     > linux nfs client is dual pentium II (266) on P2B-DS with 2
     > promise IDE cards, net card is smc (using realtek 8139 driver),
     > ide and scsi disks are in RAID 5 setup.

     > nfs server is Apple Network server running AIX4.1.5 net conn is
     > 100MB over Cisco switch

     > ah, there is one more thing. on boot when nfs get mounted i
     > find in dmesg: "nfs warning: mount version older than kernel"
     > WTF? :)

It means that your 'mount' program is too old, and so you won't be
able to mount NFSv3 partitions.

Cheers,
  Trond