* Re: reiserfs, xfs, ext2, ext3 (simple benchmarks)
@ 2001-05-10  0:45 Ricardo Galli
From: Ricardo Galli @ 2001-05-10  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel; +Cc: Guillem Cantallops Ramis

> It would be great to see a table of ReiserFS/XFS/Ext2+index performance
> results. Well, to make it really fair it should be Ext3+index so I'd
> better add 'backport the patch to 2.2' or 'bug Stephen and friends to
> hurry up' to my to-do list.

You can find a simple benchmark (an average of three samples) among reiser,
ext2, xfs and fat32 under Linux:

http://bulma.lug.net/body.phtml?nIdNoticia=626

Although is Spanish, the tables are easy to understand.

The benchmark was carried up by Guillem Cantallops, student of the
University of Balearics Islands and member or the local LUG...

BASIC WORDS ;-)
Escritura: 	Writing
Lectura: 	Reading
Borrado: 	Deletion
Copia: 	Copy
Extracción:	Extraction

Regards,

--ricardo
http://m3d.uib.es/~gallir/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-10  0:45 UTC | newest]