* MODULE_LICENSE usage
@ 2007-08-06  7:53 Nathan Williams
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Nathan Williams @ 2007-08-06  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi,

I'm working on a driver for an ADSL modem which requires the use of a
binary library from the chipset manufacturer.  All my source code is
GPL, so that others are free to distribute and modify the driver.
After asking the FSF for advice and working through their FAQ, I've
given permission for the binary library file to be used with the GPL
source code and be re-distributed with it.

I would like to know if I'm permitted to use MODULE_LICENSE("GPL") in my module.

Additionally, I'm unsure of what is the meaning of

"GPL and additional rights"     [GNU Public License v2 rights and more]

Is it correct to say that my driver is licensed under GPL with
additional rights to use the binary library file?

Thank you,
Nathan